Faulty Suite From Scs

Options
hi has anyone one else had problems with scs?

i purchased 2 leather sofas in april last year from scs and was faulty in the first month i put hand down side of arms and found a metal rod and staples hanging out

i phone scs and month later engineer called out he removed rod and some staples
then i checked again both sofas still had staples down side so again calledscs and then 2 months later another engineer called and removed staples
and he cut himself whilst doing so

it wasnt untillater that evening i decided to inspect and found he had torn all lining on both sofas were he had removed staples so again i phoned scs and it took 9 weeks for them to send another engineer to look at it

he then pulled up the lining and this time i was presaent and told him it looks too tight and he replied it should be ok but any problems ring scs again

but few months after the linih was pulled too tight and torn due to this soa again rang scs
this time they sent another firm to repair and this engineer said the spring was pulled over too far causing lining to tear also and i am waiting for himto return to replace lining under seating now

i wrote letter that evening to scs and complained that i paid cash for 2 sofas and they were faulty from begining and damaged by there engineers
and got a reply back 4 days ago saying they do not give compensation even though my sofas were faulty and damaged by them
so i have asked for manufators details so i can complain to them
do i have a chanceentitled of compensation does any one know

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello LUISAUNTY

I'll move your thread to 'The (Consumer) Vent' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you post the exact reply you got from them?
  • LUISAUNTY
    LUISAUNTY Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    name & address

friday 28th march 2008
    customer ref ........

Dear Miss ..........
    I would like first of all to thankyou for taking the time to bring the issues mentioned in your letter to our attention.

After looking into your account,please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and upset this has been caused and assure you and that this is not the normal way in which we conduct our business.

In respect to the recent inspection of your suite, the manufactors have advised they are currently arranging the repair to your suite and trust they will be in contact with you to arrange this.
    However , regarding the compensation you have requested in your letter, its not SCS policy to offer this.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused.
    yours sincerely
    customer service executive
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What is it that you want compensation for?

If you got a nice unbroken sofa, would that be enough?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options
    its the thought that they damaged the sofas trying to repair not myself and aswell as it was full of staples sticking out
    if you go in some shops and damage something they say damages must be paid for
  • grayme-m
    Options
    Yes, but they don't ask you to pay more than the value of the damage.

What damages have you suffered to receive compensation for?

It's a serious question, are you after a 'freebie' or some honest compensation for damages you have incurred?
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options

Yes, but they don't ask you to pay more than the value of the damage.

What damages have you suffered to receive compensation for?

It's a serious question, are you after a 'freebie' or some honest compensation for damages you have incurred?

are you just taking the mikey?

i paid £2,000 cash and expected quality not imperfect and yes i am after honest compensation
    after all i suffered damages to sofas by them and not myself
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The first question that comes to mind is ,do you think that this sofa CAN be repaired? I got the feeling that you are saying whatever they have done,it's always going to be as bad.Is the ripped lining that bad?iIs it hidden down the sides anyway,how big are the rips?
    If you are going to mention the word "faulty" in a letter,you may as well remind them about the Sale Of Goods Act.Personally if i believed i was in possession of a faulty item,I would be asking for a replacement,rather than a repair,after the bodge -up.Why did you pay cash btw?
  • grayme-m
    Options
    LUISAUNTY wrote: »
    are you just taking the mikey?

i paid £2,000 cash and expected quality not imperfect and yes i am after honest compensation
    after all i suffered damages to sofas by them and not myself

No I am not taking the mikey.

What is it you want, the £2,000 sofa you thought you paid for, or compensation? What compensation is it that you are after?

If you think I'm taking the mikey, wait till the regular 'anti compensation' brigade wake up.
  • mum_to_izzy
    mum_to_izzy Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    If I had bought a £2000 sofa, I would want it to be absolutely perfect, not a 'repaired' job. I would be seeking a replacement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure