Faulty Suite From Scs

Options

Comments

• Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how many times does an item have to be repaired before its replaced.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    This is my point, I'd be requesting (demanding?) a new sofa rather than anything else.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • LUISAUNTY
    LUISAUNTY Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All
    well i did ask for repalcement in begining but they said they can repair

but unfortunately the repair turned out a disaster with them ripping lining removing staples and a metal rod that shouldnt have been there

also they done this so called repair trying to get staples out from the top of cushions to the arms this is how they torn it not just one sofa but two and in quite a few places not just one

then they pulled the lining up from under seats to cover rips they caused and that was staples to tight to the lining at the sides of the arms which you could see when sat on cushion and when you sat on it you could hear it tearing due to being far to tight with the weight on the cushion liner pulling on the arm lining

where as the last engineer from a different company this time from ecomaster saidi t should have been done from the bottom and undone the bottom cover i am waiting for him to call and try and fit new linings altogether

it was also ecomaster whom noticed that one one the springs was fitted to much on one side also so he is going to sort this also

genuinely i feel i should be compensated as the wouldnt give me replacement in begining as it was them at the end of the day who caused more problems
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So the issue is,hopefully they can completely repair it.
    If not, you need to reject the sofa and demand a refund.
    You might have to take them to court if not.
    They personally ,are not going to give you recompense unless through the court route.
    I hope you got a good discount when you paid cash.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Options
    how about you contact trading standards today, and ask for advice.

Probably ask you to write a letter stating what you want to happen and when.

If it becomes defected on the repaired section, then i think you can ask for a replacement then.
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options
    hollydays
    I hope you got a good discount when you paid cash

they gave me £32 off the gaurdsman cover which was £160 (for stains and accidental damage )
    and as i also used a £30 coupon off one sofa you could only use one coupon
    Alias_Omega
    how about you contact trading standards today, and ask for advice.

Probably ask you to write a letter stating what you want to happen and when.

If it becomes defected on the repaired section, then i think you can ask for a replacement then.

will do i am currently waiting for ecomaster to call/ring to say when repairing
    i am thinking of taking pictures myself once he undoes bottom lining
    i know he took some when he first arrived and looked at it
  • topbuzz
    topbuzz Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LUISAUNTY wrote: »
    hi has anyone one else had problems with scs?

Yes, but no way as bad as yours...in fact they never did solve the problem after several phone calls.

I bought a 3 piece suit in 2006 at £1300. It all got delivered fine, but I had a missing foot (plastic cup) on the large sofa. Several phone calls later, they was going to send a 'technician' out to replace the foot. Its only screwed on with one screw. But anyhow, its been nearly 2 years now and still no joy.

Ps, I was tempted to go for the scotch guard cover myself but found an offer on eBay for the same stuff but in spray cans. Bought a few, applied it myself, did a little test under the seat cushions and it does work...for light spills wiped off straight away (ie wine)
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options
    update on faulty sofa

well fedex just delived a large parcel just now opened it and inside is 2 large 2 seater size foam pieces about 1 1/2 thick

got to phone scs again been ringing but no reply yet as i dont know what they expect me to do with it

also it is not lin ing:confused:

invoice inside parcel at least now gives me the manufactors details which scs wouldnt give

CAMEO SOFA COMPANY
    TREFOREST INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    PONTYPRIDD
    RHONDDA CYNON TAFF
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are going to send you a new sofa-one piece at a time.It is going to take 3 and a half years ?
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    They are going to send you a new sofa-one piece at a time.It is going to take 3 and a half years ?

By which time you would have probably just finished paying for it if you'd have gone for the interest free option?

Have you considered just starting the legal action route, send them a Letter Before Action (to their head office) stating that you would like a new sofa that isn't broken (or to have the current one repaired so the repair is not noticable), giving (say) two weeks for it to have been concluded either way (it may be that they promise a new sofa within a timeframe outside the two weeks, but that is enough)?

I've not had to go to court yet from one, (but I would do), as things tend to have been resolved very quickly.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure