what shall i offer

HI,

I've just seen a lovely one bed property I think I would like to make an offer, its priced at 97,500, anybody know what kind of offer I should go for,

man thanks
Sam B

Replies

• samuela66samuela66 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    dolcevita wrote: »
    start at 80k and take it from there.

Surely you arent serious????
    really that low an offer, they'd laugh wouldnt they.

samx
    Sam B
  • pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd offer £80k to start with too, although I would never buy a 1 bed property, because they have a very limited market and may be difficult to sell on.

If you end up having a child with a partner, and prices drop, you could be stuck in the 1 bed flat.

The housing market is rubbish at the moment. If you can afford £100k, then look for a 2 bed property on at £115k and offer £100k for it!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • id agree if thats the one for you start at 80k.
    1.2K Posts
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    I'd offer £80k to start with too, although I would never buy a 1 bed property, because they have a very limited market and may be difficult to sell on.

If you end up having a child with a partner, and prices drop, you could be stuck in the 1 bed flat.

The housing market is rubbish at the moment. If you can afford £100k, then look for a 2 bed property on at £115k and offer £100k for it!

Hi Pinkshoes,

Thanks for that, i can afford a 2 bed, havent seen any I like though, wont be having kids or anything, its a one bed house not flat and a good size........just think i'd be too scared to offer 80, its been on the market a month....

x
    Sam B
    1.2K Posts
    id agree if thats the one for you start at 80k.

Don't think I'd have the guts.............................
    Sam B
  • teabellyteabelly Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Talk to the EA and find out whether the seller is in a hurry to sell or is waiting for the right price. If the latter you are wasting your time offering less than about 90k. If they're in a hurry try £86k. £80k is in the trying it on territory and is only worth the effort if it has been on the market for months or the seller is desperate to sell, if neither is true then you are unlikely to be successful at 80k and it may just annoy the EA and the seller.

It is always a good idea to put the shoe on the other foot and think what it would be like as a seller and what sort of offers you'd take seriously and what you'd think were unacceptable. It is all a game of offering enough to be considered as serious, what you can afford and trying not to pay over the odds :)
  • Jorgan_2Jorgan_2 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    What have other, similar properties sold for recently? Just because someone is asking for a sum of money, doesn't make it worth that much. Thoroughly research the market in your area, what prices have been achieved in the last few months and set your offer limit based on this information & your own gut instinct.
  • ZammoZammo Forumite
    724 Posts
    samuela66 wrote: »
    Don't think I'd have the guts.............................

He who dares wins. We are in the middle of the biggest financial crisis since the 30's. Just put the offer in, what's the worst that can happen?
    1.2K Posts
    :confused: , Well I put an offer of 90,000 and she said NO!!! the EA said she wants 95, so I'm not going that high thats for sure, dont know how to put the link on though to show peeps.....................................
    Sam B
    1.2K Posts
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/id19766804, here is the house for anyone interested and has an opinion on price...............:D
    Sam B
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides