PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sneaky ways to save the pennies

Options

Comments

• freedom2b
    freedom2b Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    Will let OH know...Smelly feet,ME? Never!!! We`ll all be smelling like the local fish and chip shop :eek:
    The Grass may look greener :o but it`s always going to take just as much mowing ;)
  • freedom2b
    Options
    Good for cleaning windows too...Vinegar, lemon juice, then wipe clean with newspaper..Gets even more like the chippy!!:rolleyes:
    The Grass may look greener :o but it`s always going to take just as much mowing ;)
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    freedom2b wrote: »
    Gets even more like the chippy!!:rolleyes:

............:rotfl:
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am now saving the ziplock bags that the cheddar comes in eg Cathedral City and washing them out. They're being used either to put sarnies in or to store other cheese. Saves on clingfilm and rubbish:D
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • freedom2b
    Options
    Aril wrote: »
    I am now saving the ziplock bags that the cheddar comes in eg Cathedral City and washing them out. They're being used either to put sarnies in or to store other cheese. Saves on clingfilm and rubbish:D
    Aril

What a fantastic tip..I`ll have to open mine more carefully from now on but do tend to use the value cheese with no fancy packaging....Safe and reuse my tinfoil though if clean...If not clean I recycle it..
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In true oldstyle the ziplocked cheddar has only been bought when on special offer and then by the bucketload:rotfl: :rotfl:
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • freedom2b
    Options
    If you`re having trouble lighting your fire!!! ;) Don`t use expensive firelighters bad for enviroment and your pocket too! Use your old candle ends but be careful a little lights a lot,no chimney fires please!:eek:
  • OddjobKIA
    OddjobKIA Posts: 6,380 Forumite
    Options
    OddjobKIA wrote: »
    Dont buy your food...........Steal It:beer:

Break into somebodies house and use thier loo instead..:o

take your dirty laundry to your local currys and ask for a demonstration of a washing machine..:eek:

hitch lifts instead of using your own car..:A

when in the pub offer to collect the empties and drink the last little bit in the bottom..:D

stand next to a smoker and inhale their smoke:mad:

use the sample pieces of carpet to carpet your living room..:j

ask your local council to install a street light right outside your house and use that as your living room light..;)

steal a cow from a field and keep it in the fridge for free milk..:cool:

usea magnifying glass and the sun to warm your bath water..:rotfl:

beacuse it needed saying twice
    THE SHABBY SHABBY FOUNDER
  • FairyElephant_2
    Options
    When making bolognaise, stew, casserole etc, I now dish up a portion into a plastic 'chinese takeaway' container FIRST before I dish up the meal we are about to eat. I often used to 'make extra for freezing' only to find that I either dished it all up, or DH and/or the SK's decided to go for 'seconds' and then there was none left!

This way I get at least one extra portion for the freezer, or for my lunch the next day....and no-one seems to be going hungry!
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    When making bolognaise, stew, casserole etc, I now dish up a portion into a plastic 'chinese takeaway' container FIRST before I dish up the meal we are about to eat. I often used to 'make extra for freezing' only to find that I either dished it all up, or DH and/or the SK's decided to go for 'seconds' and then there was none left!

This way I get at least one extra portion for the freezer, or for my lunch the next day....and no-one seems to be going hungry!
    This sounds like a good idea, as by the time I go to put things in the freezer there is never quite a portion left and it tends to end up in the bin. !:cool:
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure