Premium Bond Winner ?

Options

Comments

• klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    I have £600 worth which i have held for about 18 years and never won a sausage....and yes my addie is correct on the registration!!

:eek:

It's money you want, not sausages.

We started off getting about 15% pa so when it tailed off, we thought maybe we had had our share of luck and should cash some in. Didn't get round to it and then the trickle started again so we bought some more. Mr K and I are in competition and he is winning - pah. But I got £250 (2x100 + 50) last month and he got nowt. I haven't checked figures lately, but we both seem to average about 6% pa now.
  • Matthew2005
    Options
    My grandad had a sex change recently - you know what he got? Not a sausage.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I held £530 - £20 since 1984, £10 since 1986, £500 since August 2004. Not a sausage, and no money either........until I topped up to the max £30K in July this year.

Won 3 x £50 this month - - - - one on the 1984 numbers, and 2 on the July 2005 numbers.

So far so good - if I keep averaging at this rate every month from now on, my £30K won't go anywhere else! I know that's a big 'if', but I like that little tingle of excitement once a month :p
  • mister_t
    Options
    Currently have just shy of 30k in bonds. Not won a penny on the last four draws. I've had them since around March this year and only won £300. A very poor return.

Half tempted to pull a lot out and stick it in a savings account but maybe they will pick up next month????
  • cheggers
    Options
    KK wrote:
    I've had ones since I was little (35+ years) and won about 3 times when I was young, was bought £50 in 1987 and won £50 a month later, nothing since. Have also been toying with the idea that I should buy some more. My 5 year old has £100 and hasn't ever won anything. I am also thinking about buying her another £100.

Can't decide but believe in spreading the risk - she has £2K in an investment fund (pay £30 per month in), £450 in children's bonds, £600 in 'pocket money' account and maybe £300 in a friendly society account, plus one that holds £600 and is added to by £10 per month. Maybe she will have enough to buy a bag of sweets in 20 years time! Still, if I don't do it, she won't have anything.

I've £100 myself, had it for 10 years and won nothing.

Got £100 coming in from a health plan for the birth of our little one this month. Going to put the £100 in premium bonds, may be they will have more luck than I have.
  • Wolfhound
    Options
    Just won 2 £50. My sis wins 2 out of every three months, lucky begger!
  • trademark
    Options
    £7150 Holding Now ........... nothing this month ......
  • Hi All

Although I've had £5 worth of bonds since 1972 / 1973 (and won nothing!) I am new to Premium Bonds. I have just decided to invest more money to see if I can win 'the big one' but after reading the NS&I website, and in particular the 'high value winners' section at:

http://www.nsandi.com/products/pb/winnerlist.jsp

It tells you how much has been invested, how much has been won and how long the bonds have been held etc. However, it also mentions 'value of bonds' which I'm not quite sure what this refers to. Can someone advise please? Possibly to do with winnings received against inflation?

Regards,
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi All

It tells you how much has been invested, how much has been won and how long the bonds have been held etc. However, it also mentions 'value of bonds' which I'm not quite sure what this refers to. Can someone advise please? Possibly to do with winnings received against inflation?

Regards,

The value of bonds is the set that the winning number was from.

e.g. The 2nd £1m winner in Sept has a listed 'value of holding' of £28350, a 'value of bond' of £100 and 'purchased' of May-05

So they own £28350 worth of bonds in total and the winning number came from a £100 bond that they bought in May this year.

It is possible that the £100 bought in May was the result of a winning bond in the May draw that was reinvested - excellent return!
  • trademark
    Options
    Yes i think it unlikely that a holder with £28350 holding would buy £100 of bonds , of course i could be wrong but i dont see the point , more likely that a winning £100 bond won the 1m .

lucky so and so
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure