We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Premium Bond Winner ?

1…11541155115611571159

Comments

  • dasherman
    dasherman Posts: 287 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    £150(£100,£50) on full holding.

    £1,325 this calendar year(20 prizes).

    3.10% return over the last rolling 12 months.

    A total of 28 months on full holding, averaging winnings of £165 per month.

    Biggest win = £1,000

    Months since last blank = 6.

    FIRE !!!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 9,079 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    £250 for wife and £50 for me - both on FH. Combined wins this calendar year ~ 2.8% with 2 months left.

  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 October at 9:01AM

    If the current prize fund rate stays the same you can expect an average (median) return of about 3.8%pa - 3.85%pa on 50K over 12 months as you can see from the 2 points that straddle the 50% probability mark.

    This equates to winning about £1,900 - £1,925 over the coming year on the assumption the prize fund rate remains at 4.35%pa.

    The average prize fund rate over the last 12 draws has averaged about 3.68%pa (so about 0.67% below the current prize fund rate). This needs factoring in if looking at winnings over the past 12 months on 50K.

    PrizeFundEffectiveRate.png
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 October at 5:17PM

    Current reported winnings (full holdings unless holding is shown) measured against the probability of winning at least that amount if holding full 50K. May edit in further reports if I'm sufficiently bored

    MSEwinners.png
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • strawb_shortcake
    strawb_shortcake Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Broke my 3 month dry spell with 2 x £25 on FH

    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

    Make £2024 in 2024...
  • reeso
    reeso Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker

    £250 on FH

    First time this year I’ve won more than if I have kept it in the bank. 🥳

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,569 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    £150 on FH. Have won more prizes than last year (28 vs 25) but still £375 to find in the next two draws to make it even.

  • £200 on OH FH. Nothing on my own 36K for October. Shame you can't put someone else's winning into buying bonds in your name and so not miss a month! So we'll have to fritter it away on wine and a takeaway…..

  • jak22
    jak22 Posts: 492 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    4th zero month on 10K. How many consecutive blank months would have the same probability as winning the top prize?

  • eastcorkram
    eastcorkram Posts: 1,071 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've never had anything like a full holding, but a few years ago, I had between £12,000 and £14,500 for 18 months. Didn't win a penny.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.