We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Premium Bond Winner ?
Comments
-
I got one win @ £1k this month on a £45k holding. Best I've done in a few months as it's only really been the odd £50 or £25 prizes this year so far. I did get a £10,000 prize 2 or 3yrs back so have not done too badly really with my holdings.
The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.
I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.2 -
Woh! you have done superbly. Well done.
0 -
For a 50K holding there is only a 1 in 113 chance of winning at least £1,000 (at the current prize fund rate) in a single draw, or about once every 9.5 years. That's a great result.
Odds would have been different then but with a 50K holding it is currently a 1 in 2,873 chance of winning 10K in a single draw, or once every 239 years!
I came, I saw, I melted2 -
Yes I try not to think of those odds when checking my numbers.
I won £1k at the beginning of the year on about £30k holding. So, it is worth knowing that even winning that amount, let alone more, will be a rare event for most individuals.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
