PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Soup recipes

Options

Comments

• spiddy100
    spiddy100 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Actually, anyone looking for inspiration, click on the Riverford link and look down the left-hand bar - some really lovely sounding soups there! I think I might try parsnip, leek and lemon as I have some sorry-looking parsnips lurking at the bottom of the fridge
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spiddy100 wrote:
    Actually, anyone looking for inspiration, click on the Riverford link and look down the left-hand bar - some really lovely sounding soups there! I think I might try parsnip, leek and lemon as I have some sorry-looking parsnips lurking at the bottom of the fridge

Thanks... Beetroot and Potato - Beetroot will be added to my shopping list!!! ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Bexstars
    Bexstars Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    I have a pan on at the moment. Im having an organic veg box delivered tomorow, my first one, so I thought id use all the odd bits of veg left in the freezer. I have used half a turnip, loads of parsnips, celery, sweet potato, carrots and potato, a good pint and half of stock, some herbs, pepper and a sprinkle of curry powder. Hope it turns out nice
  • Girl_least_likely_to
    Options
    I've just started making soups over the past couple of months. I find though I don't do one particular "type", I just chuck in what veg I have, a couple of stock cubes, maybe some dried mixed herbs and hope for the best :D. They've always tasted lovely and always have enough for another couple of servings to either scoff the next day or freeze.
  • spiddy100
    Options
    newlywed wrote:
    Thanks... Beetroot and Potato - Beetroot will be added to my shopping list!!! ;)

I had beetroot and tomato soup for lunch today - put in a bit of ground cinnamon and some ground cumin, and a swirl of natural yoghurt, it was lovely :)
  • moxie_2
    moxie_2 Posts: 609 Forumite
    Options
    I plan to have a go at the cauliflower soup tomorrow, sounds lovely.
    Total debt May 2005 £83,232 :eek:
    Total Debt November 2009 £0! DEBT FREE!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
    Official DFW Nerd Club member no. 028
  • newlywed
    Options
    spiddy100 wrote:
    I had beetroot and tomato soup for lunch today - put in a bit of ground cinnamon and some ground cumin, and a swirl of natural yoghurt, it was lovely :)

Sounds good. Might skip the yoghurt/sour cream bit though. Dairy doesn't agree with me. :rolleyes:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I learned to make soup about 2 years ago, from this forum. First I followed a recipe, then experimented and now I do whatever I fancy. Making some leek and potato soup today but I tend to make soup from reduced price veg or seasonal veg. Its even more satisfying when you know it cost pence to make. I got a stick blender for Christmas, was using a food processer before but got fed up with all the washing up. That stick blender is fantastic. I hate gadgets that I wont use so always think carefully if I really need it or not (still havent got a breadmaker or George Forman grill). This blender was a winner and only £10!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • spiddy100
    Options
    Oh yes, definitely second that re the stick blender, it's been my most-used kitchen gadget for the last few years. We have one with a little chopping attachment and that's really useful too
  • newlywed
    Options
    Thanks. I get fed up of washing up the food processor blender bits for soup. Wonder if I can convince OH that we need another kitchen "gadget" ??? ;)

If it was me I'd just to soup with chunks in as I like it that way - but OH likes it thick without bits in - unless it's potato or noodles :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure