PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Comments

• Fantastic thread..........all though my illusions have all be shattered by the most hardcore of OS's.

Needless to say my house is pretty much like the rest of yours........way to much washing, ironing.......all the kids toys have been thrown in the cupboard under the stairs, just dont open the door!!

Keep 'em coming guys.
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

:p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
  • Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    kyle wrote: »

i never seperate my darks/whites when washing

Wow, I didn't even know you had to!!! :D

Martyn.
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • gabycat
    gabycat Posts: 502 Forumite
    my dh does all the ironing , i'm meant to put it away but just put itin to the correct rooms.
    Leave it a day or 2 and he puts it away

omg, behind my coach is like toys r us, i just throw everything behind it, what you can't see doesn't need tidying
    Crazy cat lady
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If visitors come to see me tomorrow-they won't notice the cobwebs-if they come to see the house they will definitely see the cobwebs. The dishwasher needs emptying and refilling as the sink is full of pots etc.
    I need to empty the tumble drier and put the clothes out of the washing machine into the tumble drier.
    I bought 2 cream buns yesterday and my Oh has a poorly tummy ... so I ate themn both today while he was out-with the excuse that it was better that I made them disappear while he was out so as not to torment him!!! :D
    I still have 2 clothes baskets of clean clothes to put away and I had half a dozen other jobs-diy ish to do and haven't done any of them.
    They will all be done in the morning-honest!!!
    I have a splitting headache tonight and OH is snoring on the sofa!!!
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • gabycat
    gabycat Posts: 502 Forumite
    my mum definetly comes to see my house then, she notices everything, got to the point i dread her coming, she coments on everything.

Mil is great thank god, says nothing and just enjoys her grandkids, she has been know to clean when here thou, but never says a word about it
    Crazy cat lady
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    there is a load in the WM that has been there since yesterday AM - it will need doing again really as will be really smelly
    took dgs3 to maccyd for lunch as I couldn't be ***sed to do something nutritious (the only one of my five a day today was the gherkin in my big mac - does that count)
    there is a huuuuuuuge box of stuff on the sofa that needs sorting and taking to other rooms
    i tipped food waste into the bin cos it was to cold to trek .... ooooh at least 1.5 metres to the compost bin

all the above could sort of be excused if it wasnt for the fact that in the last week I have spent at least 50 hours cross stitching and am now sitting watching a mighty boosh night instead of getting on with it
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    gabycat wrote: »
    my dh does all the ironing , i'm meant to put it away but just put itin to the correct rooms.
    Leave it a day or 2 and he puts it away

omg, behind my coach is like toys r us, i just throw everything behind it, what you can't see doesn't need tidying

Don't worry about it. People will be too amazed by the fact that you have a coach in your living room to notice the mess. :p;):D
  • pretz_2
    pretz_2 Posts: 528 Forumite
    ok i have decided that we should all rebel and become slummy mummies at the weekends instead of domestic goddess as life can yet dull that way and hey we still have the rest of the week to put it right ;)
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Don't worry about it. People will be too amazed by the fact that you have a coach in your living room to notice the mess. :p;):D
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    GR tell him it's just not mean't to be

Ok here goes, suppose at least I'm not hosting the Flylady thread at the minute so feel less guilty about not leading by example......I bet I regret this in the morning :o

I just fell over DS1s shoes and left them where they are for me to fall over again
    I am pleased it's the school holidays because it means I don't have to dash about, I can stay in my PJs until I want to get dressed
    I just shuffled left over popcorn onto the floor off the sofa in the hope the dogs will eat it but then knowing I will vacuum them up at some point tomorrow if a miracle happens and they leave it
    Today I threw out a carton of whipping cream 2 months out of date from a fridge I thought I'd checked this week (and every other week)
    I just closed the door on the kitchen because it's untidy, same as my bedroom and the conservatory
    My bedroom you can access to get in and out of bed, that is all
    The wardrobe to help tidy my bedroom which was delivered on Thursday is in boxes in my sitting room
    I have put a bag of clean/dry laundry away but there is another waiting (I can ignore things in Ikea bags :o )
    I've realised I haven't included a takeaway from this week in my GC budget...bother will sort in a mo
    The ledges in the sitting room are decorated with kids bits and pieces, coffee rings, cellotape, hairbrushes, purse, glasses, 6 pens etc (I was supposed to clean them today but didn't)
    I've not managed all of the tasks on the FL thread for most of the week
    I am VERY behind with my studying and replying here is just another way to avoid it
    I am too busy watching Rainman to study
    I fed the kids then asked them to play upstairs this morning so I could lay on the bed as I was still tired
    I felt guilty about the kids 5 a day this week so filled them with fruit salad after dinner
    Noone would DARE open a drawer in the kitchen because they can't, jammed shut I think
    I've had the heating on all day because I am cold and sick of having to leave it off to save money
    I've used the iron twice since we moved, noone else has used it either, took me half an hour to find it last time. I washed the board cover this week because it's dusty :o
    My kitchen window is disgustingly dirty and the cook books on the window sill are a mess
    My 'junk baskets' are overflowing because I just dump everything in them
    The house looks like a laundrette because my TD is broken (in my defense 2 bed wetters means it's hard to cope without in winter time)
    I'm not worried about pairing the huge sock basket up because the kids have way too many socks and they won't fit in the drawer
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure