PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Options

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    now I feel like I shouldn't have been cooking good nutritious meals with veggies and everything for my lot since my baby is only 11 days old.. I don't even have any chocolate in the house!!! Pork steaks with new potatoes and veg tonight.. I spent 5 hours cooking meals for the weekend she arrived so I knew everyone would be fed properly. The takeaway I was promised for the Sunday (11th) is still to arrive!!

I am a failure.

My curtains are coming down to be washed this week.. the senile cat pi$$es on mine so they are stinky.

I feel sympathy for you. I can't believe you have just had a baby yet you feel you have to batch cook to keep everyone fed for a few days :( - can they not feed themselves for a few days without you?

I take my hat off to you, you sound like you're doing a great job under stressful circumstances! :T
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 August 2013 at 2:00PM
    Options
    Oh goodness they'd be surviving on Weetabix and pasta and not a vegetable in sight.. so much easier to make sure there was something to grab and reheat. Food is about the only thing I am doing.. and the washing.. and the throwing stuff in the bin 1 carrier bag at a time.

I'm actually doing a LOT of delegating from my throne... sorry armchair..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Oh goodness they'd be surviving on Weetabix and pasta and not a vegetable in sight.. so much easier to make sure there was something to grab and reheat. Food is about the only thing I am doing.. and the washing.. and the throwing stuff in the bin 1 carrier bag at a time.

I'm actually doing a LOT of delegating from my throne... sorry armchair..

Lol! I need to do a major clear-out but I just don't have the time :( maybe a few things a day might help.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I bought a new shower curtain two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the husband to put it up,I'm not reminding him to do it as that is classed as Nagging apparently.
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm ill, so this is going to sound worse than it normally would be :o

The kitchen is full of washing up that needs to be done (well, and some of the living room too), and the dishwasher still hasn't been emptied from the last lot.

We ate cake for dinner last night.

Yesterday we just remembered the undoubtedly now moldy strawberries in the fridge.

The bed hasn't been made for 3 days.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I decided on which colour I'm going to use and have now painted over the redundant squares with the remaining correct colour...
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • homesteadchick
    Options
    I have spent the entire day in the kitchen. Making and canning pumpkin and courgette soep, pumpkin puree and rosehip syrup. Also made a huge batch of pumpkin pancakes for little miss' lunch box. They go in the freezer and come out one or two at a time.

I love the cooking and pottering part..

but now my kitchen looks like something has exploded. And the rest of the house is not much better since I've done NOTHING there all day. (and kids are still in and out)
    and I"m tired.
    and fed up.

Not sure if I'll even get up and going again to cook dinner!

ugh..
  • Morganarla
    Morganarla Posts: 709 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morganarla wrote: »
    I love this thread! 42 pages of people confessing that they're just like me!

My cooker is filthy, the washing mahine is rewashing a load that's been sat in there for 3 days, there is greasy water in the sink full of tupperwares, the bed hasn't been changed for about 3 weeks, and I'm sat here drinking a cup of tea and browsing MSE.

Divine! :D

My cooker is clean, the washing machine is empty as last nights load is currently drying outside, there is nothing in the sink as I've have done all the dishes, the bed is freshly changed and made, and I'm sat here drinking a cup of tea and browsing MSE.

Incidently, I'm feeling rather unwell! :rotfl::(

This is not the norm though, don't know what's got in to me..

Still love this thread, nice to see it again! :p
  • rozmister
    rozmister Posts: 675 Forumite
    Options
    I had a small packet of microwave salted popcorn for my breakfast that I found on my desk at work.

I should have changed my bedsheets yesterday but left it until too late and then just as I snuggled down we found out the cat has fleas. The cat has been sleeping in those very bed sheets with me for the past 4 days. It was too late though so I tried to sleep in them anyway (gross) but alas sleep doesn't come to a girl who hates bugs in a house with fleas!

I forgot to bring my work trousers for 2nd job to work so have to do a mad dash home for them on my way.

I was good yesterday and made a sunday roast, roast med veggies for my lunch which I then cooked some couscous to go with for today and tomorrow and packed them up ready, a homemade BBQ sauce and a base tomato sauce for the freezer. I saved some BNS from the roast to make myself a risotto one evening and I did a load of laundry which I remembered to hung up (but am now terrified the fleas will have somehow jumped onto these clothes and attached on ready to ruin my life).
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    I just threw out two large courgettes from a bunch of about 10 that MIL gave me, because they were mouldy

Should I have frozen them before they went off? Yes.
    Did I? No.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport