PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Options

Comments

• Memory_Girl
    Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
    Options
    "That sounds like a good idea" she thought!!

Wonder if I pegged out next to my curtains on the line it would do the same job??

Elaine
    FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
    Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
    Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
    Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
    Pension Provision £6688/£2376
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did a little bit of ironing on Sunday. Left the ironing board out as a sign that I will continue... nothing so far. But I haven't put it away either.
    Instead a post is piling up on top of it, and also keys, pens etc..
    Do you notice that every new surface one creates soon gets piled on?

I do need to put it away today though.. visitors coming tomorrow!!

I am creating meals out of emergency sauce jars and pasta or meat in the freezer for the past week... couldn't be bothered to go shopping...

Keep promising myself to put washing machine load of my nice stuff (hand wash) on for like 2 weeks... now it's too late as it won't dry before visitors arrive tomorrow... (great excuse).
    However the same goes for towels that need washing too.
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    Eenymeeny wrote: »
    I was told by one of those posh ladies on a made-to measure curtains department that most curtains should never be washed. She advised 'giving them a good blow' on the washing line if you felt that they needed refreshing. Good enough for me :D
    She quoted medieval tapestries as an example of items lasting longer by not being washed... :)

I did a curtain making course and was told exactly the same. An exception to this in my house was the kitchen curtains. They were cheap polycotton and I washed them once a year or so.

As I plan to make up some lined curtains in the near future for the kitchen this job will disappear.

Just dust or vacuum the top which will stop any dirt settling.
    Aiming to get healthy in 2014.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    Options
    Mint1955 this thread has the same effect on me, it is a real pick me up, and can I add that the curtains in the dining room still need hemming up :D.

:rotfl: Excellent! I love the updates from people who posted ages ago that a job needs doing, then come back with an update that it has still not been done. makes me laugh every time! I am the same :o
    Talk wrote: »
    We have a 4 week old baby and sometimes I tell OH that we had a grizzly afternoon while he was at work and I didn't have time to cook dinner even though she mostly slept because a) I got caught up watching shows on netflix or b) I'm craving a takeaway. :rotfl:

I managed a meal plan, did a months shopping for £60 and all we've eaten from the shop is nutella.

We had frozen pizza for dinner last night even though I could have made my own, and it was gross.

The closest I've got to my 5 a day is vegging out on the couch with whole nut dairy milk.

Our house is in desperate need of a good cleaning, but between OH being at work and me recovering from a c-section we never seem to find the time.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Ahhhh well, with a 4 week baby you need lots of snuggle time (and recovery time!) so relax and enjoy. Babies don't stay small for long ;)
    Any wrote: »
    I did a little bit of ironing on Sunday. Left the ironing board out as a sign that I will continue... nothing so far. But I haven't put it away either.
    Instead a post is piling up on top of it, and also keys, pens etc..
    Do you notice that every new surface one creates soon gets piled on?

I do need to put it away today though.. visitors coming tomorrow!!

I am creating meals out of emergency sauce jars and pasta or meat in the freezer for the past week... couldn't be bothered to go shopping...

Keep promising myself to put washing machine load of my nice stuff (hand wash) on for like 2 weeks... now it's too late as it won't dry before visitors arrive tomorrow... (great excuse).
    However the same goes for towels that need washing too.

So it isn't just me then? I did loads of washing about a week ago (more like 2 probably) and the fold out airer, whilst full of very dry clothes, is a perfect extra horizontal space in my tiny kitchen. It doesn't seem to matter that I need to move it every time I need to get into the fridge, or larder, or back door... I still haven't taken the stuff off it. The kids are now taking clothes from it to wear each day so I guess in a few more days it will be empty!

...as for washing curtains. I have actually washed curtains before... Must have been an awfully long time ago as I am far too lazy to do it now. BUT, I do wash the nets (very plain non pattered ones!) once or twice a year! There is only one to do so it is very easy. I don't iron them. I just hang them back up wet!
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Okay heres my daily confession.

I have about 6 packets of basic biscuits along with a huge bag of crisps in the cupboard. For the past few months i've been buying cheap bread from the land of ice.

I've been shattered, lazy and ill so thought s0d it, i'm having a break :o

Oh and i still haven't put the bedroom curtains up or painted the front room :o
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    Options
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

My kids are eating microwave meals off paper plates with toddler cutlery as a) I cba to cook and b) every plate, bowl and fork we have is in the DW!!!

The DW is now full and switched on!
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought 3 tester pots of yellow paint for the hallway, have painted 6" squares to test them on the wall....

So - how long will it be before the rest of the wall gets painted, and will my chosen colour still be available when I finally get 'a round tuit'?
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 August 2013 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Talk wrote: »
    The closest I've got to my 5 a day is vegging out on the couch with whole nut dairy milk.

Our house is in desperate need of a good cleaning, but between OH being at work and me recovering from a c-section we never seem to find the time.

Glad to hear you're getting at least one of your five a day.

As long as you and the baby are content, resting and healing, it sounds like a perfectly untroubled, calm household. Would your OH prefer to come home to a spik and span house with an exhausted, tense wife? Enjoy the takeaways guilt free, rest up, heal and catch up on Netflix.

If you spend the next 20 years living like that, then you'll get your Sloblady stripes.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 August 2013 at 12:22PM
    Options
    now I feel like I shouldn't have been cooking good nutritious meals with veggies and everything for my lot since my baby is only 11 days old.. I don't even have any chocolate in the house!!! Pork steaks with new potatoes and veg tonight.. I spent 5 hours cooking meals for the weekend she arrived so I knew everyone would be fed properly. The takeaway I was promised for the Sunday (11th) is still to arrive!!

I am a failure.

My curtains are coming down to be washed this week.. the senile cat pi$$es on mine so they are stinky.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My flat is a tip, my washing basket is overflowing due to constant showers (I can't get anything dried outside and I'm NOT putting my heating on in August, it's 20+oC in my house without heating!), I haven't cleared out my fridge (I'm away from home for the next week!) and my bedroom floor is covered in bags of fabric, charity shop bargains and empty cardboard boxes from my OH moving out for a few months (temp relocation for work for a few months).
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure