PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Evening all,

I'm really enjoying this thread! I usually hang round over on the dfw board.

The "What small DFW things will you do today?" thread is my optimistic morning list. This thread sounds more like what actually happens through the day :rotfl:

My confessions:

Last night bought (and sank) a bottle of vino using "housekeeping" money

Going to use more housekeeping money to fund work Christmas do

Probably eat lentils for rest of month :rotfl:
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Moved in here 10 years ago and put up temporary curtains in the dining room pinning up the hems. Yes you have guessed it the temporary pinned up curtains are still there :o

Posted this in September 2011 and guess what the dining room curtains are still pinned up:D. Even worse I have now completed a sewing course and really have no excuse.

Had forgotten how funny this thread was.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • mandragora_2
    Options
    http://www.johnlewis.com/230859313/Product.aspx

You won't even need to take them down, because they are much easier to iron and measure accurately hanging from a rail. That was my argument when I did it, anyway!
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Frugal Confession Time: I dropped into Morribunds to get some dog food, and realised if I spent £40 we would have the fourth voucher to qualify for the freebie £25 voucher, iuswim. I found a whoopsied lamb joint that I could cram into the freezer, got the dog stuff and topped up with two sets of batteries - always needed in this house. Got to the check out ... £37.50. Zipped around the incredibly busy till to pick up a few milk chocolate bars (I hate milk chocolate) and the cashier rang them up one by one until I hit £40 - so I spent £2.50 on rubbish I didn't need to buy goodies I didn't need or want to get a voucher we don't really need as friends are supplying all the extras for Christmas. All we have to get is the turkey from a farm we've had them from for years.

And now I've just eaten two of the five bars because OH is away for a few days and I feel sick. Bleeaach.

Sounds like one of my voucher shops. When you go to get your £25 write a list of all the things you can stock up with in case of bad weather, pet food, pasta, cleaning stuff, tissues, tins,sauces etc etc, Eat out of your freezer this week to make space for milk, bread, frozen peas etc.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Mint1955
    Mint1955 Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Omg this thread although old now has had me in stitches and really laughing out loud so much OH can't get a sensible word out of me as every time I try and explain I just start laughing again ;-)

Thank you to everyone who has added over the years.

And yes I have just spent two days reading the whole lot!!!!!
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Mint1955 this thread has the same effect on me, it is a real pick me up, and can I add that the curtains in the dining room still need hemming up :D.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • Mint1955
    Mint1955 Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My curtains are all pinned up since we moved in 10 years ago. I can't sew them as the pins have rusted lol
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    We were talking about housework at work once and one colleague said she was dying to get her curtains down to wash them as they'd already been up for a whole fortnight.

I didn't have the heart tell her that mine get washed every couple of years, whether they need it or not. :o

Oh and she meant the whole house. I just pick the dirtiest.

My "least OS/MSE" confession: I buy ice cubes! :eek:
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • Talk
    Talk Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2013 at 9:08AM
    Options
    We have a 4 week old baby and sometimes I tell OH that we had a grizzly afternoon while he was at work and I didn't have time to cook dinner even though she mostly slept because a) I got caught up watching shows on netflix or b) I'm craving a takeaway. :rotfl:

I managed a meal plan, did a months shopping for £60 and all we've eaten from the shop is nutella.

We had frozen pizza for dinner last night even though I could have made my own, and it was gross.

The closest I've got to my 5 a day is vegging out on the couch with whole nut dairy milk.

Our house is in desperate need of a good cleaning, but between OH being at work and me recovering from a c-section we never seem to find the time.
    :eek:
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jpscloud wrote: »
    We were talking about housework at work once and one colleague said she was dying to get her curtains down to wash them as they'd already been up for a whole fortnight.

My brother's MIL was complaining that SIL hadn't washed her nets in six months and her curtains hadn't been done in a year. She looked at me as if expecting me to agree.

I smiled and told her I'd bought my ones in a sale because I couldn't face washing the old scuzzy ones. I haven't washed them in a year either.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family