It sounds that I have been very lucky when using the Rp site :j
    Twice now I have asked for a plumber and I have had no replies :j
    Owing on CC £00.00 :j

It's like shooting nerds in a barrel
  • rrtt
    rrtt Posts: 227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm obviously a rare exception on here, as I used RP when looking for a tradesman to replace dble glazing. One came to give quote, was highly enthusiastic, seemed professional but never got back to me. Second was brilliant, did the job perfectly in every way at well under budget and I (voluntarily!) gave him a 5* rating. Never needed to use the 3rd guy obviously.

Had previously used RP to successfully find someone to do weekly lawnmowing of med sized garden. Was great for 2 months then disappeared without trace forever, never answered 2 voicemail messages!
  • In my view RatedPeople is a Flawed concept.

Client posts a job with their budget attached.

Rated People put a fee on top (a large fee in my opinion) that correlates or is a percentage or better yet an Alger Rhythm of the clients Budget.

I have found that the Clients budgets vary rarely(if at all)correlate with the actual costs of undertaking the works, when you take into consideration ALL of the cost incurring factors.

So inevitably what happens is I quote "Honestly" and don't get the job... Then the chancres quote...yer two&half mate... and we will argue the toss later... not my style I am afraid.

Or you get:

Client: yes where just looking for an Idea on costs ... (read above, so they have just guestimated the costs them selves)

Client gets quote: WOW that's expensive. (no work)(fee paid)

Rated People CLEARLY do not understand the Industry CONCEPT:-

Client asks Joe contractor to come and Quote for the Job, THEN the client will have an Idea on Costs.

NOT Client quote costs. They have got the Industry Back to Front...

Take look at the RatedPeople's Team you will note that they are all Tech /startup / finacial / Bod's.

In my view RP have NO hands on experience of the works / trades that they profess to know so much about, they are an internet marketing company THATS ALL....

I am sure they would just say:

Well look how we are doing ...look at our front MAN... Look at out TV campaigns... Look at the amount of adds on the site wow
    looky looky...gimmy gimmy money... ;):T

Last BUT NOT LEAST:

If you pay somebody for work, that's what's known in the Industry as a "BACK-HANDER"....:eek:

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was an illegal practice in the UK... Maybe they should open an office in Lagos or the like...
    :eek:

How do you make money from blogging any help appreciated ?
  • hmmmnz
    Options
    I have been a member of ratedpeople now for a couple of weeks,
    initially it was quite good, although the "lead prices" were quite high,

but still a simple concept, some one wants a job done, cool, buy the lead, contact person, see them or quote over the phone if it a smallish job, and organise a time to do the job, then do it,
    if you couldnt quote because the job had already gone to some one else, then you got the "lead" money back,

now the have just changed the rules,
    "we have lowered the prices of the leads" what from £9.90 to £9 for a £200 quid job that in reality is probably only a £50-60 quid chargeable job,
    any way, in the last 2 days i have bought 2 leads, i have been the only one who bought said leads, and called with in minutes to hear sorry the jobs already gone,
    !!!!!!, how??
    and ratedpeople don't refund your money because they have lowered the lead price, what a bloody scam,

its not just the customers who are getting annoyed with the company its also the tradesmen,

on the plus side im sure the customers ive dealt with will call me again if they need work done, so that's something good that has come out of the site,
  • rrtt
    rrtt Posts: 227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hmmmnz wrote: »
    I have been a member of ratedpeople now for a couple of weeks,
    initially it was quite good, although the "lead prices" were quite high,

but still a simple concept, some one wants a job done, cool, buy the lead, contact person, see them or quote over the phone if it a smallish job, and organise a time to do the job, then do it,
    if you couldnt quote because the job had already gone to some one else, then you got the "lead" money back,

now the have just changed the rules,
    "we have lowered the prices of the leads" what from £9.90 to £9 for a £200 quid job that in reality is probably only a £50-60 quid chargeable job,
    any way, in the last 2 days i have bought 2 leads, i have been the only one who bought said leads, and called with in minutes to hear sorry the jobs already gone,
    !!!!!!, how??
    and ratedpeople don't refund your money because they have lowered the lead price, what a bloody scam,

its not just the customers who are getting annoyed with the company its also the tradesmen,

on the plus side im sure the customers ive dealt with will call me again if they need work done, so that's something good that has come out of the site,

I hate to support any organization which treats people badly, so in light of what you (and other tradespeople) have said, hmmmnz, I won't be using RP again.
  • hays1179
    Options
    i am a tradesman and i have joined rated people and so far i am spending money on the leads and getting nowhere.

i buy the lead get the details sent to me phone the customer only to be told iv found someone now but thanks for calling!

you have found someone now but thanks for calling ?? are you kidding me thats just cost me £15 to phone you and get told you have found someone and not anyone from rated people !! :mad:

this happens every time i purchase a job and a lot of the jobs i am the first to buy ( only 3 people can buy the lead )

i have contacted rated people and they never get back to me they don't answer my calls, return emails nothing :mad::mad::mad:

but they are happy to keep sending me job leads and to keep taking my monthly fee !!

i want to cancel with them but can't as nobody responds to me so i have had to take the step of cancelling my debit cards so they can't take any more money from me.

my advice stay away from them they are the only winners :mad:
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    hays1179 wrote: »
    i am a tradesman and i have joined rated people and so far i am spending money on the leads and getting nowhere.

i buy the lead get the details sent to me phone the customer only to be told iv found someone now but thanks for calling!

you have found someone now but thanks for calling ?? are you kidding me thats just cost me £15 to phone you and get told you have found someone and not anyone from rated people !! :mad:

this happens every time i purchase a job and a lot of the jobs i am the first to buy ( only 3 people can buy the lead )

i have contacted rated people and they never get back to me they don't answer my calls, return emails nothing :mad::mad::mad:

but they are happy to keep sending me job leads and to keep taking my monthly fee !!

i want to cancel with them but can't as nobody responds to me so i have had to take the step of cancelling my debit cards so they can't take any more money from me.

my advice stay away from them they are the only winners :mad:
    You should cancell the CPA as cancelling your cards will have no effect
  • Demrece
    Demrece Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 January 2014 at 10:46PM
    Options
    Hi , I am a gas engineer/plumber and I have a tradesman account with Rated People for last 2 years. I pay £40 per each 3 months + price for each lead. Last one year I did not buy any leads from them because I have enough job to do but continued to pay them £40 for each 3 months.
    Just now before Christmas 2013 I paid £51.20 for a lead 'combi boiler replacement'. They sent me contact details of the client. I contact the client and ask him for available day and time to visit the property, to check the system and be able to give him a quote. Client said that access is not possible at first . On second call by me , he told me that job is not more available ,because his council accept to do the job. I call back Rated People and ask my £51.20 for this lead to be given back as a credit. They told me that the amount can not be given back and they changed their policy since 10.12.2013 and there is not any more 'refund policy'. I can not describe to you my RAGE.My rating is full 5 stars. They just sell contact details of the client to 3 tradesman and finish.They got their money. Client does not lose anything but we as a tradesman losing money.

Rated People started to stealing our money.

We pay and get NOTHING .
  • c_mccann
    Options
    Rated people have changed there policy so now you don't get a refund when the lead is rubbish.
    Please do yourself a favour and stay away from them it is a rip off.
    you pay 50-100 pound a lead from someone who 9 times out of 10 is just enquiring to see how much it might cost to have there job done and never goes ahead with it. so you pay for a lead that most of the time never pans out absolute rip off
  • age_the_builder
    Options
    Im certainly not happy about the no refund/credit lark, there must be some sort of law that's around not to allow this!

total shisters, ive asked them to introduce a small fee to the public ....Rp we cant do that to them ,we will just shaft you tradesmen ..............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure