PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What can I do with chicken breast fillets...

Options

Comments

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you got any BBQ sauce?

I do my chicken breasts wrapped in smoky bacon and cooked in BBQ sauce, when it comes out of the oven spinkle on some yummy cheese.

Not very OS i know, but it's my only vice :wink:

Some great recipe ideas here, but this one in particular has set my mouth watering :drool:

Another simple BBQ sauce that I spotted Ainsley making on one of his old programmes the other day was ...

2tbsp tomato ketchup
    1tbsp honey
    1tbsp soy sauce
    1tbsp vinegar
    1tsp English mustard
    juice from 1/2 an orange

Mix it all up and simmer until reduced slightly and thickened!

He made this to drizzle over potato wedges, so you might want to increase the quantities if using as a sauce to cook the chicken in :)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• llol_slim
    llol_slim Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    something i love, and not only is it easy, you can keep it on a low heat for ages...

Get a large square of foil, place 2 chicken breasts in the middle.
    Add 2 sliced green/red/yellow peppers
    1 onion, peeled and quatered
    few mushrooms, quatered
    few tomatoes, sliced/quatered

Wrap up in the foil, making sure the only hole is in the top

Pour half a can of chopped tomatoes over everything
    Seal the foil down, and poke a few steam holes through the foil

Place the foil parcel in an oven proof dish, and cook until the checkin is cooked (normally about 30 mins.)

I also do this with chicken that is frozen (when I buy chicken, I buy loads of breasts at once, then seperate them in foil before freezing)
    But remember it will take longer to cook from frozen!

The great thing is, as the foil is more or less sealed, it can stay at a low heat for ages without drying out, as the chicken and veges all release water, which keeps everything moist.

Serve with chips or rice.
    Bloomin lovely, quick, easy and lasts in a low oven for hours :-)

LLol_slim
    embarrassed to say I used to work for barclays..sorry
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to put something together...chicken soup, veggies, chicken, topping of a few crisps & breadcrumbs. OH thought it was lovely, so thanks for your suggestions.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Ronankfan
    Options
    Last night i decided to make HM chicken nuggets so told OH to take some out of the freezer but when i came down this morning i saw that he had taken out 2 packets of chicken breasts so now i have 8 whole chicken breasts - i dont know what i can do with them - i would like a slow cooker recipe if you have one. have looked in slow cooker recipe thread but i dont have the ingredients that most of them suggest. Any help will be much appreciated.

Liz
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ronankfan,

You could just cook them and then freeze them again to use another time. If you let us know what ingredients you do have, maybe we could come up with some ideas. :)

Pink
  • Ronankfan
    Options
    I have onions, garlic, tinned toms, bit of cheese, potatoes, soup, rice and pasta. Not sure how to put that together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can just cut them up into chunks, boil them and re-freeze them to use another time
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what about a chicken and tomato pasta bake?

Fry the onion and garlic and add the chicken breast (cut into pieces). Then add the tinned tomatoes, black pepper, what ever herbs you like and a little salt or stock cube disolved in water. Simmer until the chicken is cooked. If you have any mushrooms peppers or wine bung them in too. Combine the mixture with some cooked pasta in an oven proof dish, top with cheese and brown in the oven.
  • moneysavingplumber
    Options
    You can use one or two to make chicken croquettes.

1 chicken breast
    2 tbsp plain flour
    1 tbsp margerine/butter
    150ml warmed milk
    1 tbsp chopped onion or spring onion
    2 tbsp chopped parsley
    1 tsp mustard
    100gms finely chopped chorizo or serrano/parma ham or ordinary ham
    1 egg
    breadcrumbs
    oil for deep or shallow frying

Boil or steam the chicken. Allow to cool and then chop finely.
    Warm the milk gently in a small pan.
    Heat the butter in a saucepan, and fry the onion gently. Add the flour and whisk together. Pour in the warm milk and whisk into a thick white sauce.

Add the chopped chicken, parsley, chorizo or ham, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Cook gently for 5-10 minutes stirring frequently.

Allow to cool.

Beat the egg in a bowl and get the breadcrumbs ready in another bowl.

Make the mixture into small croquette shapes, dip in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs and coat.

Either shallow or deep fry gently at a medium heat until cooked through and golden.

You can use another to make tandoori chicken to use later in a curry.

2 chicken breasts
    1 + 1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1 + 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1 + 1/2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp salt
    100ml natural yoghurt
    Juice of 1 lime/lemon
    1 tbsp sunflower oil
    6 cloves garlic peeled

Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces. Mix the lime juice with the salt and add the chicken and set aside for ten minutes.

Put the yoghurt, spices, oil and garlic into a blender and blend.

Pour the mixture over the lime and chicken, cover and refridgerate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.

Heat the oven to maximum and remove the shelves. Skewer the marinated chicken on metal skewers. Place a tray lined with foil in the bottom of the oven.

Place the skewers leaning against the side of the oven with the points rested in the lined tray. Cook for 20-25 minutes until well cooked. Remove from the skewers whilst warm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport