Tailgating car stickers

Options

Comments

• Eagle15
    Eagle15 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, I am not condoning tailgating but in my experience (a lorry driver), there are 3 main reasons why people tailgate: -

1. People are frustrated because they want to get past and drive at speeds unsuitable for the road conditions and speed limits.

2. People are frustrated because they want to get past someone who is travelling at a speed well below the speed limit even though road conditions are suitable for a faster speed.

3. People want to prevent someone from cutting them up i.e. pulling into the outside lane in front of them.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If im doing the max speed for that area, how do i know that someone tailgating is not an unmarked Police car? if i speed up i risk a fine, cant tailgaters understand this?
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eagle15 wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way, I am not condoning tailgating but in my experience (a lorry driver), there are 3 main reasons why people tailgate: -

1. People are frustrated because they want to get past and drive at speeds unsuitable for the road conditions and speed limits.

2. People are frustrated because they want to get past someone who is travelling at a speed well below the speed limit even though road conditions are suitable for a faster speed.

3. People want to prevent someone from cutting them up i.e. pulling into the outside lane in front of them.

I get tailgated doing the speed limit on narrow country roads, I can't let them pass:confused:
    Unless I actually stopped, its almost impossible for them to overtake me.
    Two cars can pass each other just, but you need to a tad more to overtake from behind.
  • Markyt
    Markyt Posts: 11,864 Forumite
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    If im doing the max speed for that area, how do i know that someone tailgating is not an unmarked Police car?

Because they are tailgating you.
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    The speed limit is not compulsory it is just the maximum and surely you would rather arrive alive than risk death to prove a point?
    I would rather be late than the late Mrs She Grinch
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    I always slow right down when I'm tailgated.
    If i'm feeling really naughty I even brake at the last minute, THEN indicate.

My arguemnt would be "well they ran into the back of me..."
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is why i tailgate some folk,in the hope they slow down enough so i can drop a gear and pass them with ease,thanks for confirming it works.
    Now I used to think you were sensible........ and a good driver..........

There is never an excuse to tailgate, its plain bad driving!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    anewman wrote: »
    We need buttons to overtake like this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=arL04K3HLMw :D
    Memories flood back :D have you seen the new Knight Rider?
  • LuciferTDark
    LuciferTDark Posts: 1,525 Forumite
    Options
    When people start tailgating me I slow down & start indicating to turn right, that way they're stuck behind me & daren't overtake in case I ram them off the road, like they deserve.
    Winnings :D
    01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker

My other signature is in English.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Memories flood back :D have you seen the new Knight Rider?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xmw9pgy5Mg&NR=1 Feb 17th, must already be floating about the internet somewhere :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure