Tailgating car stickers

Options
MrsE_2
MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
I saw a great car sticker once on a people carrier minicab.

It was

"This car slows down when tailgated"

I've looked on the internet to find them, I can't find them anywhere.

I've got a "the closer you get, the slower I drive" one, but my husband reckons thats a bit confrontational to the kn0bs that tailgate & makes them do it more.

Where as the first one is more passive, makes it almost sound like the car does it automatically:D

Does anyone know where to buy one like it.

Comments

• jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No idea, but I want one.

I get this mad woman in a BMW (kinda seems right somehow) who lives a few streets away and sometimes she is behind me in the mornings when I go to work, she sits so close my backside that it drives me nuts! Couple of times I've been behind her (sensible distance) and watched her glued to the car in front of her, pure madness, makes my nerves bad to watch.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Get any closer and we'll be engaged"

Or

"I have good brakes, do you have good insurance?"

I just don't understand it, people don't get anywhere faster - if something on my car ends up knackered at some point I might have to tighten up the brakes and bleed them and drive around waiting for a tailgater and slam on the brakes for them to write off my car, and I'll have whiplash too ;) Ok I probably won't but it is obviously a very easy money earner as insurance always goes in the favour of the person who got rear ended.
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No idea, but I want one.

I get this mad woman in a BMW (kinda seems right somehow) who lives a few streets away and sometimes she is behind me in the mornings when I go to work, she sits so close my backside that it drives me nuts! Couple of times I've been behind her (sensible distance) and watched her glued to the car in front of her, pure madness, makes my nerves bad to watch.

Don't you hit the break pedal a little to scare her?

BTW, do you like the new sig?

I saw a post on here once & it was slating some woman. It said you know the kind, drives a black 4x4, has false nails, tattoed eyebrows & a perma tan:rotfl:

I though it so funny to make snotty comments about someone because she happens to be a makeup junkie (like me) & drive a 4x4.
    So I thought I would use it:rotfl: & sod em.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They all sound good, but the kind of nobs who tailgate all the time, would probably see it as a kind of challenge:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I always sloooooooow right down if someone's on my tail anyway;) ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anewman wrote: »
    "Get any closer and we'll be engaged"

Or

"I have good brakes, do you have good insurance?"

Has to be more passive.

Hubby thinks they bring trouble from idiots who decide to test you if its at all confrontational.
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    They all sound good, but the kind of nobs who tailgate all the time, would probably see it as a kind of challenge:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I always sloooooooow right down if someone's on my tail anyway;) ;)

YES YES YES

Everyone I know slows down.

Why do tailgaters think it will speed you up:mad:

They must be even more stupid than we think:rotfl:
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    Don't you hit the break pedal a little to scare her?

BTW, do you like the new sig?

I saw a post on here once & it was slating some woman. It said you know the kind, drives a black 4x4, has false nails, tattoed eyebrows & a perma tan:rotfl:

I though it so funny to make snotty comments about someone because she happens to be a makeup junkie (like me) & drive a 4x4.
    So I thought I would use it:rotfl: & sod em.

Not touched the brake pedal as yet, and as I drive auto, the left foot could have some fun.... :rotfl:

Just read the new sig - love it love it!! :D

Bu--er what people think, I'm loving getting older and enjoying being in the 'grumpy old woman's' club!! Its extremely liberating to be free and not worrying about what people think!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://bumperart.com/Drive.htm

Some ideas here...

Some things I have seen people said they have done is wire up a switch to the reverse light to turn the reverse lights on, and wire up a brake light switch so they can hit that and accelerate. Another more inventive thing I have read is of someone wiring up a washer jet to squirt redex into a carb, guess it would have to be a small amount to prevent the engine from stalling, but I think the idea was plumes of smoke emitted from the exhaust :D

Other thing is often you'll get these people tailgating you in a 40, the limit becomes national and you disappear into the distance while they seem to be sticking to 40, idiots.
  • moredough
    moredough Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Do you not think the stickers themselves cause people to tailgate, while they try and get close enough to read them. just a thought.

You're not going to change the way people drive by sticking a sticker on the back of your car.

I do slow down if someone is pushing me. they soon get the hint.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unless you're a haemorrhoid, get off my !!!!
    If you come any closer, I'll flick a booger on your windshield
    CAUTION: I drive just like you!
    Could you be anymore up my !!!?
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure