🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Moneysavingexpert.com/Best Cashback cards discussion area

Options

Comments

• Claremc_2
    Options
    Have you seen the new EGG money card? I haven't found anything on this site about it yet, but it says it offers 1% cashback on all spending, and more in some stores.
  • rich_jtg
    Options
    Claremc wrote:
    Have you seen the new EGG money card? I haven't found anything on this site about it yet, but it says it offers 1% cashback on all spending, and more in some stores.
    Hi, and welcome to the forum... there's quite a bit of info on tihs card here :)
  • kokyu
    kokyu Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I just got this email from Linemypocket
    Nectar Points On Almost Everything You Buy & £25 Cash
    American Express have teamed up with Nectar to create the new Nectar Credit Card. By using the Credit Card and Nectar loyalty card together, you will receive up to 4 Nectar points for each £1 spent at participating Nectar sponsors.
    That's 2 points from the Nectar sponsor and 2 points for using the Credit Card - for almost every £1 spent. You can also earn Nectar points on everyday purchases wherever you use the Credit Card - at a rate of 1 point for almost every £1 spent. This is a great way to boost your cashback earnings through Linemypocket, as you’ll earn Nectar points in addition to Linemypocket cashback.

1000 Free Bonus Nectar Points
    If approved, you will also automatically receive 1000 Nectar bonus points when you first spend on the Card - the perfect way to boost your points balance! 100 points is worth between £5 and £10 to spend in participating Nectar sponsors.

A Massive £25 Cashback
    And there’s more… To celebrate the introduction of this credit card you can earn a massive £25 Linemypocket cashback when your application is accepted. This offer applies for a limited time and is double our already generous £12.50 cashback on other American Express Cards.

Am I missing something or is this the new best cashback card?

http://www.linemypocket.co.uk/sitedetails.php?company=American%20Express

^Linemypocket link to offer
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    but you are limited by on what you can 'spend' Nectar points and how many you need to get what you want. A couple of billion points for a glass tumbler isnt so good.
    IMHO a card offering cold hard cashback is better.
    Nectar: worth having but not worth getting :beer:
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • billion25
    Options
    You aren't particularly limited in what you can 'spend' Nectar points on:

For example:

1.) cashback at Sainsbury's
    2.) cash back at Argos (what can't you buy at Argos???)
    3.) CD wow
    4.) Travel through e-bookers
    5.) Blockbuster Vouchers

For example, a chart title CD from CD wow is about 1,750 points. If the nominal value of a nectar point is £0.05 (500 pts = £2.50 off from Sainsburys), then the cost of a chart CD is £8.75 -- that's pretty good value.

The other factor to consider is the number of bonus point offers that are available. In general you can significantly increase your points balance by taking advantage of bonus points offer.

True, Nectar isn't quite as flexible as cash, but it's close, and if you play it correctly your earning could be as good or better than almost any cash back card.
  • Greentea
    Options
    I have a citicard platimum card pays 1% annually forever .... pays out annually.
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IMHO the best idea would be to use a cashback card and (where possible the Nectar loyalty card) there is nothing to say you MUST use Amex nectar in place of any other card.
    but to each his/her own :beer:
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • sinbinjack
    Options
    you say in your article that cash back cards are the way to go for those of us who dont use their card or pay in full every month, but what about the people who make you pay extra to use the credit card is there some way round this
  • mc276
    Options
    EGG money card (Previously egg Blue) 1% cashback. Spent £1200 last month and got £12 cashback payable in March.
    To a maximum of £200 - easy money!
  • joe13
    joe13 Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Darren21 wrote:
    I agree that Tesco is the best deal - 0.5% x 4 = 2% - you can't beat that for a permanent offer.

got to agree Tesco points are worth so much more than nectar points. I have tesco club card ,so does husband and also tesco credit card so every mailing we get 3 lots of extra points coupons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport