Best Hoover for dog hair/fur (merged threads)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• leighforty
    Options
    Which dyson model do u use Silver? I have a dalmation which sheds hair that weaves its way into carpet and out bedroom carpet seems to hang on to everything. I would welcome any suggestions on which hoover to buy as the ones I buy tend to suck up lovely for about 6 months then give up.
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Options
    We have a Sebo X4 Pet, having had 4 Dyson animals (yup 4!!). Cant recommend the Sebo highly enough, it comes with a free 5 year guarantee, goes from carpet to hard floor without you changing everything over, goes right under the bed as it folds flat (so gets out all the dust bunnies without having to move it!). We have a Dyson animal we have had for less than 2 years and on a comparison side by side the Dyson looks ridiculously underpowered.

The Sebo also does a true edge to edge vacuuming too. I have had my Sebo 6 months and no loss of power, no filters to clean - it is a bagged vacuum and you change the filter every 10 bags. The dust/hair/rubbish compacts as it goes so you dont have to change it very often.

Oh and I have 7 dogs so it is well used!
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Kimitatsu wrote: »
    We have a Sebo X4 Pet, having had 4 Dyson animals (yup 4!!). Cant recommend the Sebo highly enough, it comes with a free 5 year guarantee

Sebo is great...when it works! My 2 yr old Sebo's extension tube broke the other day, also the lead that automatically rewires got tangled up inside the machine. Called customer services confident that it would still be under the guarantee, but guess what? The 5 yr guarantee only covers the motor, not the parts! So it's over £50 for a new extension tube :mad: and another £45 to have an engineer looking at the cable :mad:
    This should not happen after 2 years. Not a happy customer!! I would not buy Sebo again.
  • phoenixlily
    Options
    Been meaning to add to this thread for a while - have a very furry ginger retriever who sheds a lot - even with brushing twice a day, there's hair everywhere! After investigating this thread in search of a good hoover, I opted for the Miele Cat and Dog - it was expensive at nearly £200 but my word, it's incredibly powerful - I accidentally lost a sock up it and nearly a curtain! Very powerful, definitely recommended. I did almost have a heartattack when I saw the bags are available from Argos at two for TEN POUNDS. However, if you do a quick search on ebay you can find sellers doing 10 bags and two filters for under a tenner - not bad, and a price I am willing to pay for a pet hair free home! (Well, on the days I do the hoovering!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure