Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask some advice here?

I like the sound of this deal, but I'm just moving into a flat where the line was disconnected (previous owner left and they automatically disconnect).

Would anyone know if I can get this deal with Sky or do I have to have the line connected first???

Cheers all!
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can but usually you have to pay £ 20 pound for not having the phone line

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • workit
    workit Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    quick , cancel . you have a cooling off period !

Ellybel wrote: »
    Arghhh just joined sky without going through cashback.

How daft am I?:mad:
  • Dubz
    Dubz Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    mumsandra wrote: »
    I love this site, but envy anyone who can get broadband at any cost. I live in Rural Lincs, where we do have a BT line, but it's so far to the exchange that broadband speeds are inaccessible. I struggle on with my dial up at 35-42 KBS. BT will not update the exchange or the lines, what are we to do?

Slightly off topic but have you looked at Mobile Broadband? T-Mobile, for example, at present are providing a USB modem for free which allows you a comparable 1.8Mb service via the mobile network and 3Gb usage limit for £15 a month. If you go to the T-Mobile site and click on the link to Mobile Broadband on the left hand side it will give you more details.

Make sure you use their postcode checker to check for 3G service before you sign up. You might be lucky and have a good signal in your area. If not, try the Vodafone or 3 - but be careful with those providers, they have some steep excess usage charges (infact, I couldn't recommend 3 as their excess charges are terrible).
  • pigginsexy
    pigginsexy Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Lea37 wrote: »
    Sorry if i'm being thick here but couldn't us existing customers cancel and then take up the offer as new customers?

Yes you can, providing you are putting it in your partners name and you are not married. I did this just over a year ago as they where offering new customers free sky+ but existing customers had to pay £130 plus £10 per month. I cancelled and told them that i was moving and then the next day my partner, through quidco, signed up. we got £130 cash back and free dish, box and installation. We had a 12 hour break in our service. Sky disconnected at 12 midnight and they installed next day at 10.30. Worked a treat.
    :rotfl: :D "Penny Pinching Winch" :D :rotfl:
  • Dubz
    Dubz Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with Sky for years and they have always provided an excellent service.

I take the full package with HD (including movies & sport) and we save lots of money against renting movies or going to the cinema. Also, I get to watch the football at home rather than going to the pub, is that a good thing? Well, again it saves money!

I pay £10 a month for Sky Broadband Max which gives me unlimited broadband and its always up, never have any problems.

You have to remember that Sky is running a business, these cashback deals are for new customers that Sky are gambling on becoming long term high paying customers like myself. They cannot afford to give them to current customers, their business model does not work like that.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Once they have you all stitched in to their long term contract, what's the betting they put their prices up, just like they do with Satellite TV.

That is Sky's Business Model.:rolleyes:
  • moozer_2
    moozer_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain the free/cheaper broadband through a cashback site if you are an existing SKY customer?

• amy2008
    Options
    Topcashback site states that if we have a dish already we are not entitled to the offer. The dish is from the previous houseowners- we have never been Sky customers-Why? Should we just remove the dish??!!

Any ideas to get round it would be great, or explanations why we cannot take the offer!

Thanks
    Amy
  • amy2008
    Options
    Topcashback site states that if we have a dish already we are not entitled to the offer. The dish is from the previous houseowners- we have never been Sky customers-Why? Should we just remove the dish??!!

Any ideas to get round it would be great, or explanations why we cannot take the offer!

Thanks
    Amy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family