We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sainsbury's Basics good/bad items

Options

Comments

• T2010
    T2010 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Basics cornish pasties. Not sure if this was a bad batch as they have always been good but the latest purchase was mostly pastry.

I agree with the comment about the Fruit Cocktail. Misshapen pieces but it's still fruit!
  • T2010
    Options
    Basics beans now reduced so worth a purchase again!
  • mila1082
    mila1082 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    soap-good. lasts for long, nice gentle scent
    pantyliners-avoid. not enough glue
    jaffa cakes-yummy
  • Middy
    Middy Posts: 5,394 Forumite
    Options
    My mum makes her own natural yoghurt and loves the Basics skimmed milk powder 400g for £1.01!

Marvel is £3.14 for 340g
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Middy wrote: »
    My mum makes her own natural yoghurt and loves the Basics skimmed milk powder 400g for £1.01!

Marvel is £3.14 for 340g

The skimmed milk powder is great in home made American pancake mix and if you make homemade bread as well xx
  • T2010
    Options
    Sainsburys Basics beans have been reduced again!
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    T2010 wrote: »
    Sainsburys Basics beans have been reduced again!

Yeah, about time!
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Another two uses for the skimmed milk powder. Chocolate thick shake-add a slightly higher ratio of milk powder to water than recommended on the pack to a blender to make a pint, throw in some ice cubes, 1-2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder, a bit of vanilla extract, 2-4 teaspoons of sugar and blend until smooth and frothy. Much nicer than milkshake syrup or powder. The other use is to add a small amount of water and the milk powder to the blender, and just whizz it up, it makes great frothy milk to put in your coffee xx
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsbury's Basics cling film is utter rubbish. Not sticky enough and tears easily.
  • silvertabby_2
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Sainsbury's Basics cling film is utter rubbish. Not sticky enough and tears easily.

I use this all the time and find it works fine, much better than some of he others I have tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport