Cca Requests Updates Please

Options
1406407408409410412»

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    A shame, though, as the thread does contain an awful lot of useful advice. My experience of closed, or 'locked', threads is that they tend to disappear very quickly.

even when linking to it on page 1 - people still miss most the useful info.... :cool:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    A shame, though, as the thread does contain an awful lot of useful advice. My experience of closed, or 'locked', threads is that they tend to disappear very quickly.

Can be a shame, but the experience and knowledge is still here (I hope).

In a new thread that knowledge should get posted again, but this time more 'up to date' and with the benefit of experience and hindsight.

I'll try to link any new thread into this one as best I can. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • blueforyou
    Options
    PLEASE, do anything you can to keep the knowledge available. I now have 9, possibly 10 DCA's on the run out of 11 of the thieving B!"£$%ds

I know enough now, including other sites links, BUT we MUST not let ANY of these shabby, shameful crooks cause any more distress to people. Remember, the people we are fighting HAVE caused suicides.
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    What a shame - hopefully the new thread will be along soon. This is a must for many MSE's and has personally given me a feast of knowledge which HAS changed my life.
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • MS_Dolphin
    Options
    Although there is sometimes a feeling of, 'what have I got myself into' since first finding this thread, I have to give an enormous global thank you to those who have helped me and countless others within the pages of this thread.

Thanks to all and long live the new thread - at least until the banks and cc companies start treating customers fairly and responsibly.
    แล้วไงต่อ
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MS_Dolphin wrote: »
    at least until the banks and cc companies start treating customers fairly and responsibly.

Says it all, MS - just a pity that the banks and cc companies can't be 'locked' like our threads. :rolleyes:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • rebel2
    rebel2 Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    stapeley wrote: »
    Well legally that's incorrect . If you sign a document even with Donald Duck THAT can be considered your MARK . However it would need to be witnessed for that to be valid in a court of law , I believe ! Some signatures are unrecognisable as a actual name , so you could write micky mouse but it would not read as that to anyone else . If the validity of a signature was ever called into question , you would have to call expert witnesses to testify that it was not your mark .

The CC ACT allows for a stamp to be classed as a signature by a company .
    I recieved a cca dated 1990 with a signature I have only used since 1994. I know this to be a fact because in that year I qualified as a Photographer, and at the time my signature was not readable as a name. When Me and my partner went into business in late 1994 he told me to change my signature because the business was named after my name, and I needed a signature that prospective clients could read for obvious reasons. I can remember developing the new signature overnight. So when this CCA arrived I at once cried foul!. My old signature is on my driving licence which is pre 1994. If it ever went to court I would have to bring this up. I can remember not signing the agreement because I wasn't working at the time and just leaving it with the canvaser girl in the Leeds BS. The Authorising signature isn't present too on the document, but of course I had filled out all the other details first, as you do on these application forms!:o
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    rebel2 wrote: »
    I recieved a cca dated 1990 with a signature I have only used since 1994. I know this to be a fact because in that year I qualified as a Photographer, and at the time my signature was not readable as a name. When Me and my partner went into business in late 1994 he told me to change my signature because the business was named after my name, and I needed a signature that prospective clients could read for obvious reasons. I can remember developing the new signature overnight. So when this CCA arrived I at once cried foul!. My old signature is on my driving licence which is pre 1994. If it ever went to court I would have to bring this up. I can remember not signing the agreement because I wasn't working at the time and just leaving it with the canvaser girl in the Leeds BS. The Authorising signature isn't present too on the document, but of course I had filled out all the other details first, as you do on these application forms!:o

Alas we always suggest when you deal with creditors etc you never sign and instead opt for digital version (i.e. change the font) as they have been known to 'copy and paste' ahem :whistle:

That's a good defence though, if i've ever seen one! :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    We have another new DCA, seems that Egg have passed the credit card over to Apex who are insisting on a phone call and sending texts throughout the day.

Have used their online form to offer £250 as F&F to see if that works (debt is £870).
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi. :)

This thread is now continued in Part 2.

Please click below to go to the new one.

CLICK >>> CAA request updates / results part 2 <<< CLICK

Gemmzie: NID has replied to your last post. The reply is now on the new thread. ;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure