Cca Requests Updates Please

Options

Comments

• cs101
    cs101 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sent CCA 12+2 letter to one of my DCA who replied to me that he is still awaiting the CCA from the OC and he has 12 + 30 days to respond to this request.

Is this correct :confused: or shall I just ignore and send F&F letter .

Thanks
    LIVE AND LET LIVE
  • cs101
    cs101 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is for my OH
    LIVE AND LET LIVE
  • OBIWAN
    OBIWAN Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    louiser123 wrote: »
    they are so crap!
    did they also send you back the postal order/cheque you sent for the £1 , does it say signed for on royal mail website? if so they cant claim they never recieved it if you have proof of delivery
    Oh theyve cashed my cheque. Im not too worried about proof of delivery, I dont think they's get far in claiming they didnt receive the letter that theyve returned to me in a CAP1 envelope with a CAP1 comp slip ;)
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    cs101, they have 12+2 working days before the debt is unenforcable. It used to be the case that after a further 30 days they would have commited a criminal offence, but the 2006 amendments changed that. Obviously they haven't a clue how to do their job.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • OBIWAN
    OBIWAN Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BlueJeans wrote: »
    Hi Obi

Thanks for the link.

I think I will fire off some letters today just to follow up that the account is in dispute - I really can't be bothered to go over it again on the phone.

Cap One are one of our worst credtiors for phone calls also. I have told them over and over again that we are disputing the account but they don't seem to understand.

Some of the creditors appear to still be adding interest and charges to the accounts as well:rolleyes: so a little reminder will be sent to them re the dispute.

Blue

Remember to send them recorded delivery, its about a quid for 1st class. DO IT NOW before the postal strike starts. And dont get despondent or worried, theres plenty of people to give you support if you need it.
    OBI
  • sleeper341_2
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to this and have tried searching through the last 200 odd pages for the info I want. Perhaps someone could help me with some advise/help my understanding.

I got a CC when I was 18 (15 years ago) and still have. If I send my lender a CCA request and they cannot provide a copy of my original signed agreement within the required time then they cannot enforce the agreement so I no longer have to pay them anything?

Is this correct?
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    The required time isn't really a limit as such - they can provide it at any time. If you request your CCA, and they are unable to provide a true copy of the executed agreement, then you can legally place the account into dispute as they have been unable to meet your request. One of your rights under the guidelines for dispute is that you may withhold payments.

The debt still exists, however the creditor is unable to enforce the agreement via the courts. Hope this clears that one up.:)
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • fileep
    fileep Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, from what I understand its not as simple as just not paying them. If you search for a forum user called Never-in-Doubt he seems to be the person to speak to.

Interested in what they have to say.
  • thursday
    thursday Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    we are busy fighting battles, will report success....some on the horizon, but not quite there yet...
  • babyellis
    Options
    Hi to all, I applied to for a refund on the ppi on my loan and the bank of scotland have offered me a refund because it had been missold to me, but I have now read that I have grounds to get the loan part refunded because of it, and looking at my credit agreement it seems that there is nothing on it to say that I had any cooling off period, I would very much like someone to look at my agreement. The loan was taken out in Jan 2006, any advice wouls be much appreciated. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure