Cca Requests Updates Please

Options

Comments

• GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    Have you looked at getting any 0% offers on new cards?

They shouldn't put up your interest if you apply for a CCA, but this is an option that is best used if you cannot meet the repayments rather than trying to avoid them.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • Michael995
    Options
    GeorgeUK wrote: »
    Have you looked at getting any 0% offers on new cards?

They shouldn't put up your interest if you apply for a CCA, but this is an option that is best used if you cannot meet the repayments rather than trying to avoid them.

I cant get any new credit due to the high level of debt I have, if I look at equifax my credit rating is excellent, with experian its poor, there is no negative information on my file apart from the level of debt.

Its not that I want to avoid the debt, however due to the level of interest I cant pay more than the min amount and that is a real struggle.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • blueforyou
    Options
    fermi wrote: »

Thanks for this. All we need is the "copy given to industry" so we can see in full the document. There is some comment over at CAG and Legalbeagles too.
  • stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting reading ! Printing off a copy for future referral .
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    We are back to threats of court action from a DCA reguarding M&S (yawn)
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• stapeley
    Options
    Just have some template letter ready ! I just change the company name at the top .
  • stapeley
    Options
    Clap quest are now sending out annual statements ! They kindly point out the amount available spend is £0.00 . " we remain willing to discuss repayments with you "
    So do you think they will make repayments of monies obtained by themselves through threats and intimidation. And before they realised that the alleged debt was not accompanied by a valid CCA ?
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    stapeley wrote: »
    Clap quest are now sending out annual statements ! They kindly point out the amount available spend is £0.00 . " we remain willing to discuss repayments with you "
    So do you think they will make repayments of monies obtained by themselves through threats and intimidation. And before they realised that the alleged debt was not accompanied by a valid CCA ?

Write back quoting the reference number of their letter and state that you are more then willing to discuss a repayment plan with them. Tell them they can pay you everything back in a weekly or monthly amout and ask them to send you their bank account details so you can setup a direct debit to ensure they pay ontime thus avoiding late payment charges being added to their account. :D
  • blueforyou
    Options
    aj2703 wrote: »
    Write back quoting the reference number of their letter and state that you are more then willing to discuss a repayment plan with them. Tell them they can pay you everything back in a weekly or monthly amout and ask them to send you their bank account details so you can setup a direct debit to ensure they pay ontime thus avoiding late payment charges being added to their account. :D

You might want to remind them that you will pass on the account to your "Legal Team" if you don't hear from them. This could involve a lot of heavy stuff (that you are actually NOT allowed to say or do under OFT 664!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure