Cca Requests Updates Please

Options

Comments

• aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    blueforyou wrote: »
    You might want to remind them that you will pass on the account to your "Legal Team" if you don't hear from them. This could involve a lot of heavy stuff (that you are actually NOT allowed to say or do under OFT 664!)

LMAO.... Would be nice to know their reaction...
  • badgerbread
    Options
    need a bit of advice have already sent a cca request to gm card sent me back saying they do not have cca signed by me they have sent me a blank one. sent them a full and final settlement offer which I have heard back from today saying they are refusing it what do I do now offer a bit more if I can scrape it together. Put account in default? sorry really need advice here first time doing cca and don't know what to do now
    Make £5 a day in May total so far £2
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    Hi bagerbread

As gm card has said they do not have a CCA (a blank one is no use and you should definately not be filling it in), you should send the 12+2 day letter stating that the debt is unenforcable and that they areare not allowed to add interest, charges or pursue for payment until they produce an enforcable CCA as per the request.

I wouldn't make any further offer for a while. The debt is unenforcable which means they cannot get any money for it and cannot sell it on as the debt is in dispute. Hopefully they'll soon realise that your offer is the only thing they will be lucky enough to get and should have jumped at the chance.

In 6 years time if they still have not found an enforcable CCA (which doesn't seem to exist) the debt will become statute barred.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • BlueJeans_2
    Options
    Hi All

Just after a quick bit of advice.

I sent my 12 +2 letters a few weeks ago and have started to get statements in and some of the creditors are still adding interest and charges (I paid a small amount to each creditor at the end of last month as I have entered into a self managed DMP).

What's the next step? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

TIA
    Blue x
  • GeorgeUK
    Options
    If the debt is unenforcable and they are still pursuing you for payment and adding interest, i would report them to Trading Standards.

While the debt is unenforcable, they are not permitted to add interest or charges.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

• BlueJeans_2
    Options
    Thanks George.

They haven't actually sent me anything on my first request other than T&C so I sent the account in dispute letter.

Should I send them 1 more letter stating that I will be refering it to TS/FO if they don't provide me with a copy of the CCA or confirm they don't have it (which I don't believe they will as they were taken out years ago).

Thanks again.
    Blue
  • GeorgeUK
    Options
    I don't think another letter is required. They know what they need to do and what their job is - you shouldn't need to tell them. In my opinion, you have given them fair warning and they have ignored you and the request. I think it's time to start putting the pressure onto them for a change.

• pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd post a copy of 1st Credits new Automated E-Mail Response! It used to be just 'We will deal with you enquiry etc...'. A nice sneaky way of getting plenty of important Personal Details..............I will DEFINITELY NOT be handing over those details and would advise against anybody else doing so!

Thank you for your email which is being processed and will be dealt with shortly.

If you are sending an email regarding a personal matter, as we are unaware of who has access to this email address, we will not disclose confidential information to the email address. If you are happy for us to respond to your query and to correspond in the future, to this email address, including disclosure of confidential information, we require your authorisation to do so.

In order to provide this authorisation please send an email to authorisations@1stcreditltd.com and confirm all of the following information:

1. Name
    2. 1st Credit reference
    3. Date of birth
    4. Current address
    5. Email address you are authorising us to use
    6. Contact Number (Home / Mobile)
    Failure to provide all of the required information will result in your authorisation not being accepted.
    Alternatively, you can provide the authorisation by contacting our office on 0843 320 0000 or by sending a signed letter to the following address:

1st Credit Ltd
    P.O. Box 278
    Reigate
    Surrey
    RH2 7WB

We aim to answer your query within 48 hours of receipt, however due to the large volume of emails we receive this can not be guaranteed.

Thank you.

Cheers,

pepe
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
  • MS_Dolphin
    Options
    Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice. Maybe I should start a new thread but to be honest, last time I did that I got a lot of flaming and it has put me off coming on here for a few weeks.

I've been through the process of sending CCA request letters and followed the process through with several CC Companies. Having a legitimate case (I believe), I've stopped paying.

This has been going on for several months now to the point where I've got 2 defaults. Most days I can cope, but today is just one of those days where its got to me. I've had a letter from 'Power 2 Contact' aka Credit Solutions Ltd on behalf of Barclaycard. I've phoned them up and had a really stroppy and mildly abusive response.

This is now the 4th different debt collection company from Barclaycard, including one actual doorstep visit.

My question is - when does this all end? Do I take them to court, or do I just keep going until they take me to court? As I say, I've already had 2 companies default me (not BC yet). Do I just wait things out until they CCJ me and then contest it in court?

Any help appreciated.
    แล้วไงต่อ
  • pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    MS Dolphin. You cant take them to Court.
    If Brcard are one of the ones who failed to provide a valid CCA, just point this out to whoever is there current Collector giving them dates etc and they will not be able to go any further.
    The fact that they keep passing it down the line is a good sign.

They can do nothing. No CCA....not enforceable...full stop.

PS. ..and NEVER phone anyone! ALWAYS write. Dont sign the letter with your usual ( or any ) Signature.
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family