CAA request updates / results part 2

Options
Been asked to discontinue my long running thread , seems it adds to the overloading of the servers !
So after requesting three CCA from three different DCA,s in December 2007, I have not received one enforceable copy . Despite numerous threads of court action from them , I,ve just repeated my request for a legible and true copy of any CCA that they may have . This is the right of anyone being hassled by credit companies or collection companies. This simple request to, and its non compliance by creditor or its agents , can stop enforceable action been taken.

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    We have another new DCA, seems that Egg have passed the credit card over to Apex who are insisting on a phone call and sending texts throughout the day.

Have used their online form to offer £250 as F&F to see if that works (debt is £870).

If you're making an offer (assuming you already have a default) then send something like this: Note it does offer 50% but change it slightly to suit, 50% is the suggested rate for default removal but worth haggling isn't it?
    Letter to arrange payment for Default removal

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the account and wish to make an offer to resolve that will suitably please both parties.

I do have an outstanding balance on the account, as you are fully aware this is made up primarily of charges. However, a default to you and no payment will not achieve much and so I therefore write to try and resolve matters amicably, that will suit both of us long term.

I propose to offer a full and final payment to settle and close this account to the value of 50% of the original amount, which will take into account and absorb, a lot of the charges that have been added to the account throughout time.

The alternative is for me to place the account formally into dispute and demand s.10 CCA (1974) is brought into play (cease & desist) whilst I reclaim all unlawful charges combined with all costs. I shall then look at the legality of the assignment of debt; the issuance of a default notice and the agreement (prescribed terms) and between them, i'll probably be able to counter sue and litigate over unenforceability.

To confirm, I am more than happy to settle as much as 50% of the total amount owing so long as you can agree to, and ensure that, the following actions will be carried out;
    • The Default Notice will be removed
    • The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”
    • The Current Balance will appear as £0.00
    • The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00
    • There will be no date in the “Defaulted Date” field (as it will be removed)
    • There will be no date in the “Date Last Delinquent” field on the report
    • This will apply to all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
    If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letterheaded paper, confirming the exact amount owing and I will send a cheque by return.

Failure to agree will result in more formal papers being sent, by return.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally

If they carry on with the threats and harassing phone calls/texts - just send the following letter as a separate issue:
    Dear Sirs,

Account No:

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls and I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR), and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Thanks stapley. :)

The old thread has been closed for posting, with a BIG link to this new thread. ;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • louiser123
    louiser123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

i sent a cca request to moorcroft who were collecting on behalf of j d williams. this was sent ages ago, i recieved the standard letter that they had refered it to oc, and had put a hold on the account until the cca was recieved ect.

today i recieve a letter from morcroft with a cheque enclosed from them for the £1 fee saying they could not full fil my request and i would need to do it through oc as they were no longer dealing with the account.
    now what i would like to know is why didnt they just return the postal order? why so long after ny request? and are they up to a new trick!!

any thoughts ??

oh and i have had no correspondence from jd williams in months!!
    self confessed 80's throwback:D
    sealed pot challenge 2009 #488 (couldnt tell you how much so far as i cant open it to count it!!:mad: )
  • captainhaggis
    Options
    Moorcroft has an obligation to forward your request to the Original Creditor if that is who they say still owns the debt.

Have you now ceased payments on the debt?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • captainhaggis
    Options
    I've had a CCA response from Lloyds TSB for a Visa and it doesn't appear to be enforceable.

All of the prescribed terms seem to be there but there doesn't appear to be a signature (or space for one) on behalf of the bank OR any details about myself (nor any sign that these were removed) - i.e. my name is nowhere on the CCA, nor is my address (although there is space for them).

I'm sending off my second requests tomorrow to MBNA and Smile.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    louiser123 wrote: »
    hi,

i sent a cca request to moorcroft who were collecting on behalf of j d williams. this was sent ages ago, i recieved the standard letter that they had refered it to oc, and had put a hold on the account until the cca was recieved ect.

today i recieve a letter from morcroft with a cheque enclosed from them for the £1 fee saying they could not full fil my request and i would need to do it through oc as they were no longer dealing with the account.
    now what i would like to know is why didnt they just return the postal order? why so long after ny request? and are they up to a new trick!!

any thoughts ??

oh and i have had no correspondence from jd williams in months!!

Technically as they have defaulted in your CCA request (why not pretend you never got that letter) and just ignore them now. At the end of the day you're building up a good Limitation Period (Statute Barred) so unless they start hassling you, just ignore them.

Also, as you know, JD Williams don't insist on you signing a CCA even though they send you one (mine is still in the envelope from February)! So if you know you never signed one then just ignore them until they contact you. :D

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks NID, it was defaulted in 2007 and is the second smallest creditor so we went low. There's so many defaults on my dad's credit record, the removal is a moot point really.
    How do we sign digitally?
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Thanks NID, it was defaulted in 2007 and is the second smallest creditor so we went low. There's so many defaults on my dad's credit record, the removal is a moot point really.
    How do we sign digitally?

Sorry to sign digitally means do it using a font in word.... do it using arial black or verdana - whatever - just stops them cut/pasting your signature....

How many defaults does he have and is he paying or just sitting back?

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to sign digitally means do it using a font in word.... do it using arial black or verdana - whatever - just stops them cut/pasting your signature....

How many defaults does he have and is he paying or just sitting back?

Six defaults. Paying five back on a DMP. The other one has been CCAed and is in dispute because it was a credit card that's magically become a much bigger loan :rolleyes:
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure