We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cca Requests Updates Please

Options

Comments

• nova
    nova Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    The way it works, if a debtor ADMITS the claim, then goes on to make a monthly offer, if that offer is refused, then the claimant wins by default, thus resulting in the debtor receiving a CCJ.

At that stage, it's then the debtor applies for a redetermination hearing, which should be transfered to your local court.

Oh!! Thats whats happened but its back firedon them because cohens didnt do their homework and we had already taken ge money to court and cohens were taking us for the same debt!! and its been struck out as l did what you suggested and rang the court at 3.55 on the 7th day, dropped a letter in to court to confirm the next day.
    Now l've got 2 others to defend! So l suppose they'll refuse those offers too and we'll get more ccj's but if we've got 1 we may as well have 90!! At least in 6 years we can get credit again....NOT!!!!
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    nova wrote: »
    its been struck out as l did what you suggested and rang the court at 3.55 on the 7th day, dropped a letter in to court to confirm the next day.
    Hang on a minute nova

Was it struck out?

I must have missed your update on the outcome.

Have you issued a claim against Cowards & co for the time you spent on that claim?
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • lipstick
    lipstick Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi could someone help me? I sent a CCA request to lowell who wrote back to me say they were obtaining it from Barclays. I have now received a letter this mornin saying they will offer me a settlement figure which is half of the balance. Do u think this is because they dont have the CCA?Also does anyone think it is worth paying it providing they dont put a default notice on the credit report (there is not one on at the moment)
  • nova
    Options
    Yes, it was struck out, l wrote a long letter to the court explaining that we were trying to settle the very same debt with ge money solicitors as we had taken them to court, l included all correspondance, photocopied letters etc to excentuate the fact that cohens were wasting court time:D and the fact they'd issued us with a ccj. X
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    nova wrote: »
    Yes, it was struck out, l wrote a long letter to the court explaining that we were trying to settle the very same debt with ge money solicitors as we had taken them to court, l included all correspondance, photocopied letters etc to excentuate the fact that cohens were wasting court time:D and the fact they'd issued us with a ccj. X
    Once Coward issued court papers against you, and before having the case struck out, did you spend any money on the case?
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • nova
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    Once Coward issued court papers against you, and before having the case struck out, did you spend any money on the case?
    No we didnt, (only the court fee when we took ge money to court.) Maybe l could sue them for the stress!! Actually it did take up loads of time as l still had to answer the court papers as l was worried if l ignored them they would win by default even though there was no case to answer, so madesure we followed the correct procedure.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question, sent 20th Feb - is the 12+2 up on the 12th Mar?
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Bazza66
    Bazza66 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    lipstick wrote: »
    Hi could someone help me? I sent a CCA request to lowell who wrote back to me say they were obtaining it from Barclays. I have now received a letter this mornin saying they will offer me a settlement figure which is half of the balance. Do u think this is because they dont have the CCA?Also does anyone think it is worth paying it providing they dont put a default notice on the credit report (there is not one on at the moment)

I had the same from Lowell-life as well. They cannot find the CCA yet (and unlikely to) which is why they are offering a lower settlement figure.

Dont pay it for now - Wait the 12+2 and send next letter - once you reach that date they cannot put a default on your credit file.
  • Bazza66
    Bazza66 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Quick question, sent 20th Feb - is the 12+2 up on the 12th Mar?

I make it the same - 12th Mar
  • Icanandwillsavemoney
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay - I think that the following post may be most applicable:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=7869437

Thank you for the link.

Funnily enough, I have just had a call from Mercers??? They said they were acting on behalf of Barclaycard/Littlewoods. Obviously as soon as Barclaycard received the SAR and CCA requests they passed it on to Mercers. I made my last payment to them in November so maybe just a coincidence and I was due their call.

I refused to confirm my date of birth etc over the phone and said I would not speak to them over the phone ever. I asked that they put everything in writing. He was horrible and said I was not helping myself.

Is this going to go horribly wrong?

What should I do if the call again?

Also, the CCA request runs out this Friday - what would be my next move? Bearing in mind I have requested a SAR but that can take 40 days??? Should I send the 2nd letter that sas the account is in dispute? Who wold I send it too, Barclaycard or Mercers???

Really confused now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family