Cca Requests Updates Please

Options

Comments

• 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    i have defended the claim
    What grounds have you defended the claim?
    we do i go from here
    That'll be part of your defence, the fact they've failed to reply to your CPR request.

Just curious, why did you issue a CPR 18?
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • MS_Dolphin
    MS_Dolphin Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MS Dolphin viewpost.gif
    Hi All,

I know this must be somewhere easy to find, but I've spent the last 2 hours looking and can't see the wood for the trees.

I'm looking for a summary of the whole process for challanging credit card agreements relatting to CCA.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Hello,

we need to know what you have done so far..

Have you wrote to the company and requested your CCA ???

if so, have they replied, what have they said etc.

:D

Hi,

I've written out the template initial letters - the one I believe you call 12+2, but haven't sent them yet. One of the issues is this part about signing them, so was looking for info' before starting the process.

Thanks.
    แล้วไงต่อ
  • linzi_pinzi
    linzi_pinzi Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    What grounds have you defended the claim?
    That'll be part of your defence, the fact they've failed to reply to your CPR request.

Just curious, why did you issue a CPR 18?

i request cca with barclaycard last may and never sent me a cca so they have passed it on to cl finance which never even send me a letter to respond to i just got a ccj ......got some advice of this forum so i sent cpr18 to the solicitor's then a sent a cca request to cl finance .......x.x.x.
  • stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    You need to show that a request was made in May hope you kept copies and proof of delivery , and you sent the 12+ 2 then the 30 day letters . Even if you did not then IF it went to court they would still need to produce them . Remember all you need to say is " i do not recall ever receiving a CCA to sign" If you did and they do come up with it . You can request to see the Orginal in court .
  • pebbles88
    pebbles88 Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MS_Dolphin wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MS Dolphin viewpost.gif
    Hi All,

I know this must be somewhere easy to find, but I've spent the last 2 hours looking and can't see the wood for the trees.

I'm looking for a summary of the whole process for challanging credit card agreements relatting to CCA.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Hello,

we need to know what you have done so far..

Have you wrote to the company and requested your CCA ???

if so, have they replied, what have they said etc.

:D

Hi,

I've written out the template initial letters - the one I believe you call 12+2, but haven't sent them yet. One of the issues is this part about signing them, so was looking for info' before starting the process.

Thanks.

hiya,

yes do not sign the CCA letter, as it has been said some companies will copy your signature from a letter to put onto a cca if they do not have a signed one, so dont help them in any way!:p

i found some other helpful letters on this site

http://www.fightingdebt.co.uk/templates.html

once you have sent the letter (s), make sure you do it recorded post too, then give them 12+2 working days to get back to you.

HTH
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • MS_Dolphin
    MS_Dolphin Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    pebbles88 wrote: »
    hiya,

yes do not sign the CCA letter, as it has been said some companies will copy your signature from a letter to put onto a cca if they do not have a signed one, so dont help them in any way!:p

i found some other helpful letters on this site

http://www.fightingdebt.co.uk/templates.html

once you have sent the letter (s), make sure you do it recorded post too, then give them 12+2 working days to get back to you.

HTH

Many thanks,

I guess what happens next depends on their response(s), but I was also looking to understand the process and start preparing for the next steps.

I'll keep looking through this thread and will also update on what happens next.
    แล้วไงต่อ
  • Itsallgonepearshaped
    Options
    Hi.

1. Sent Barclaycard the 12+2 letter (12+2+30 runs out on 6th March) but just received a threatening letter from Calder Financial DCA who say they are now dealing with the account. Do I have to start again ot tell Calder Fin I'm in dispute with Barclaycard and am waiting on a copy of the CCA ?

2. Capital One have now come back saying they've included "a copy of your credit agreement as requested. In accordance with S78 of the CCA 1974 and the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983, this is your original agreement, and if any terms have been varied, then the copy agreement will include the updated terms. In addition, your personal details, the signature box, signature and date of signature have been omitted from the copy provided as permitted under Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983. Your acount is in default and the amnount currently due and payable is £x000. Under section 78 we are not required to provide a copy of the default notice and statement of default. However we can confirm that a statement of default was issued on 30th January 2009. Any further information etc etc".

It therefore seems like what they'ver sent me is there existing CCA which now includes all the relevant terms (surprise surprise!) but not the actual CCA relating to my account at the time it was opened. I've sent them the 12+2 and the 12+2+30 expires on 25th March. Should I just ignore this letter and hit them with the 12+2+30 in a couple of weeks or reply saying they haven't provided what was requested ? What is the Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983 as I haven't heard of this one before ?

Thanks for your help !
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    i request cca with barclaycard last may and never sent me a cca so they have passed it on to cl finance which never even send me a letter to respond to i just got a ccj
    You therefore need to apply for the CCJ to be set aside, on the basis the account was in dispute PRIOR to them commencing litigation.

Here's the form you need to set aside, it will cost you £75.00.
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • kel123_2
    kel123_2 Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    Linzi pinzi

What do you mean by 'I just got a ccj' do you mean:

A letter from clf, thats say's if you don't you may?

A claim form from a court?

A court document that say's Pay £x with in XX days or £x/month

Or something else

It is very inportant for others to understand at what stage you are at because you sound confussed
    June 2005 = 48K of Debt:cry:
    Sept 2006 Started dmp = 56k of Debt (inc fees and charges) DFD April 2030:eek:
    May 2008 = <5k of Debt (CCA route -48K, paid off 3K) DFD April 2010
    Nov 2008 Lloyds found CCA for 14K loan:mad: New DFD Jan 2016

Happy so far tomorrows another day:confused:
  • linzi_pinzi
    linzi_pinzi Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    kel123 wrote: »
    Linzi pinzi

What do you mean by 'I just got a ccj' do you mean:

A letter from clf, thats say's if you don't you may?

A claim form from a court?

A court document that say's Pay £x with in XX days or £x/month

Or something else

It is very inportant for others to understand at what stage you are at because you sound confussed
    hi i got a county court claim form on the 16th feb on which a have knowledge that i wish to defend ....but now need to file me defence ......i sent a cca request to cl finance and a cpr18 to the solicitors deeling with the claim and they have sent a letter back sayin that they are not obliged to provide this information.......just stuck on wat 2 do next....well i am confused .x.x.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure