Free wireless internet and cheap 3G broadband article discussion

Options

Comments

• slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    get a t mobile pay as you go sim card, their internet is £1 for a whole day, i used to connect my computer to it for a while before i got on broadband. on new sim cards i think they still do a deal where you can have so many days free internet access on a new sim card, check with t mobile.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • taff007
    taff007 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Check which operators offer 3g or HSDPA (so called 'turbo' network on three) in the areas you'll be using it most as browsing the internet is slow on the 'old' GPRS network. All the networks show this information on their coverage maps.

The prices of mobile broadband has come down over the past couple of months and most offer 3gb usage for around £15 per month now. You can probably get a free dongle for plus quidco if you look around. I've gone for the three version (from them direct) and so far have been very impressed with speed and coverage.
  • mitac
    mitac Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    hi

In 3 shop to-day mobile internet half price

1gb £5.00 per month for 3 users given to understand valid for contract and payg 3 customer

is it worth it?

Mitac
  • moomagoo
    Options
    :A

Hi,

Virgin at this kind of thing as I've only just got online! I've just got my new 3 wireless modem - I live in a rented flat and don't want to pay for connection to the good old BT line and then have to pay a 'service charge' to BT to then pay on top for internet connection. The answer was to get a wireless modem and after searching all available I found that for £15 I could get 3gb a month - result! and if I move I can take it with me! Any thoughts or comments from you guys and galls?

Moo

:j
  • weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    Decent option for people who aren't heavy downloaders or gamers, or people who aren't in the middle of nowhere, yep. :)
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • silverfoxdude
    silverfoxdude Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    Options
    i got the £15 for 3gb from them this weeks as soon as i plugged it in it worked fine and you can use the toggle on any pc .seems fine early days yet i suppose i had enough of bt s charges this seems cheap enough
  • silverfoxdude
    silverfoxdude Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    Options
    mitac wrote: »
    hi

In 3 shop to-day mobile internet half price

1gb £5.00 per month for 3 users given to understand valid for contract and payg 3 customer

is it worth it?

Mitac

a bit gutted though i just signed up for a £15 a month 18 months contract this last week but i wasnt an existing cust
  • whoK
    whoK Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    If you are existing custemer 3 is offering all it's broadband at half price till the end of March. So 3G 18 months contract witm modem is £7.50 a month. If you are not a existing custemer you might be able to buy a PAYG sim first for few ponds register it then call them.
  • albalad
    albalad Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    whoK wrote: »
    If you are existing custemer 3 is offering all it's broadband at half price till the end of March. So 3G 18 months contract witm modem is £7.50 a month. If you are not a existing custemer you might be able to buy a PAYG sim first for few ponds register it then call them.

hi there whok

could you please provide a source for this info , as i've been looking into getting this recently or using my n95 8gb as a modem, but can't find any mention of it on the three website.
    this might just swinig it in the dongles favour

ta
    "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
    happy travels !!
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    albalad
  • JSF
    JSF Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    ....just in case I forget to ask in the shop tomorrow ... does anyone know if you can put a pin number on the Three mobile broadband dongle similar to a pin on a mobile sim to prevent unauthorised use? Didnt want to run up a bill if stolen.

thanks
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family