We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2008

1…8889919394…103

Comments

  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    lil_me wrote: »

    • [strike]Extra 30 minutes ironing.. school uniforms? work clothes?[/strike]not a hope!
    • [strike]Change any bedding you didn't get chance to do over the week![/strike] did it all!
    • Meal plan for the next week and make a shopping list... based on what you found in the freezer and those things that need using from weekly cupboard sweep
    • [strike]spend at least an hour with your family... playing, reading or just watching a dvd and having a hug![/strike] played in garden, done reading and DVD!
    • Work yourself to level 3 in your messiest room!! (I'm going to regret this one!!) Will have to be DS1s room which needs finishing before 4pm tomorrow:eek:
    • [strike]S&S the kitchen and bathroom![/strike]done daily
    • [strike]Make sure you have everything ready for school/work for next week.. pe kits, socks, homework done etc. It is half term for some next week.[/strike]our HT is next week but PE kit, lunch bag, books bag etc now in wash
    • Fill a binbag of things to get rid of.. charity/bin etc does the cushions which all need to go back to Wilkos count :mad:all dropped to bits!
    • [strike]15 minutes hotspots clearing[/strike]will do another tomorrow
    SEE!!.. clever git.. ner right back atcha!!! :p
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    :rotfl: ok you win pigpen, apart from suggesting ironing, ironing is for weird people with too much time.........I gave it up to save the enviroment.....my excuse and sticking with it. I still haven't found the iron since the last time I looked, need to as DS2 wants to use his hama beads, suppose I could just heat a pan up....

    You know what is horrible, I know for a fact I am sat on a squashed grape, I can feel it, I just don't want to get up and see how much of a mess it's made but it's getting sticky...pleased it's nearly bath time...urgh!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • soappie
    soappie Posts: 6,794 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    AAArrrgh - don't you just hate bidding on ebay sometimes? There's something I really really REALLY want which is ending in the next few minutes. There were no bidders. I put a bid on about an hour ago, with a max high bid.

    Then some little tyke comes along and starts bidding too. I've upped my max bid but I do hope he's not a sniper. If he is, I think I may well commit murder this evening!

    3 mins 30 secs to go
    I am the leading lady in the movie of my life
  • Soappie - Good luck!! I once sat in an office full of people shouting at the screen when trying to win a handy-sitt high chair!! The cheer of delight when I won was something to behold!!
  • soappie
    soappie Posts: 6,794 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hurrah!

    'Tis mine, all mine, and I take it back about the gentleman who tried to bid against me. He's not a tyke nor a sniper. Mind you, that was a long 3 minutes and 30 seconds!

    Soappie is a happy bunny again :D
    I am the leading lady in the movie of my life
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    soappie.. did you win it then????????

    Lil_me.. I don't iron either BUT.. these 'ere weirdo's do!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • I'm so sad that even as a uni student (albeit many years ago!!) I would iron my clothes! (Most of the lads I lived with never even washed theirs!!)
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Sat here too long again - only came on here while I ate my toast and drank tea which must have bene hour and a half ago. Stupidly decided to ignore the list and do a rekky of the cupboard contents and I have thrown stuff away. I dont think it would have been safe to use the barbeque marinade that was dated 2000 :eek: and several packet mixes dated 2005 :rotfl: . I did clean the cupboards out before I put the stuff back in tho. Off to do the other side of the kitchen now .........................
    Mortgage, paid off!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Kaz.. I have used stuff with 2000 dates on recently.. a few actually.. and we ain't dead... *urgh*... *hits the floor with a thud*
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    At last the kitchen is done - can't be bothered with the window sill or cleaning the sink - will do those tomorrow. Got some Ecover floor cleaner as I am never impressed with stardrops on the quarry tiles - it looks to have done a slightly better job - floor was filthy so can't expect too much
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.