We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A parting shot - a seller's 'up yours' to eBay

Options

Comments

• charlottevwa
    Options
    Love it! hehe
    I :heart::coffee:
  • raz_uk
    raz_uk Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bloomin marvellous!! Gives a good reminder - PEOPLE SELL ALL YOUR STOCK BEFORE JUDGEMENT DAY (2OTH FEB!!)
  • dollydoodah
    Options
    Although I know it is very tongue in cheek, I don't like the fact that the auction outlines very simply, and very easily, to potential scammers how to get away with fraud.
  • PORTER790
    Options
    took a screen shot and sent it off to ebay,see what reply i get lol:rotfl:
    opinions are like **seholes,everybody has got one and they all stink!

proud father of of identical twin boys born on 18/06/08 at 11.59am and 12.01,weighing in at 4lb 11 and 4lb 15:j
  • Michelden_2
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: brilliant
    When you get to the end of your tether....

Tie a knot in it and hang on!
  • Joannef_2
    Options
    raz_uk wrote: »
    bloomin marvellous!! Gives a good reminder - PEOPLE SELL ALL YOUR STOCK BEFORE JUDGEMENT DAY (2OTH FEB!!)
    What's happening on the 20th February? I thought these changes weren't starting until May
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    feedback is only calculated differnetly from Feb 20th - it's May when sellers are unable to leave negs or neutrals for buyers.

eBay's communication on this whole farce has been stunning....
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Joannef_2
    Options
    Thanks. Do you know when the feedback time limit goes down from 90 to 60 days? I've been trying to find this on eBay but can't find any info at all.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    If a buyer has a genuine greviance, they contact you, they generally don't just go for neg fb straight away. There are plenty of other ways of opening a dispute, and neg fb doesn't really resolve anything, it's just a weapon of spite. The point of saying that removing neg fb from sellers is to prevent retaliation by sellers is ludicrus. All this is helping is the scammers who can use their account for longer with no neg fb on it for us unaware ill informed sellers to view. I doubt if I will sell again on there, it's far too risky.
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • 98sidney
    98sidney Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have emailed that to all my friends to see, totally loved it.
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport