PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Appliance Manual sharing thread

Options

Comments

• sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Bump, this thread has just helped me find what I needed so I thought others might not have come across this thread yet. It's really good
  • savagelyric
    savagelyric Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello

Through the wonder of freecycle, I have recently acquired my first ever sewing machine - a PFAFF 1027 sewing machine. I am a complete novice and have never owned or used a machine before but I am keen to learn.

Trouble is, I don't know where to start - ideally I could do with a manual for my machine.

I have searched the internet high and low but it seems a manual is nowhere to be found. I've also emailed PFAFF themselves to ask for some assistance but they say the manual is obsolete.

I have found a manual on ebay but it is in the US - $21.99 plus $19 approx for P+P - not the money saving start I had in mind! :eek:

Anyboday got any ideas how I can learn how to use this machine?

TIA
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/30481/Pfaff_1171%201035%201015%201071.html

This looks promising, a free download, though compressed in .rar format, not .zip, so you'll need to download a prog to uncompress it.

But it might be worth a look.
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I please revive this to ask if anyone has a link or manual on how to service an A701?
    Mine is working fine but is very noisy & dances about when making bread - I have to stand there with one hand on it to stop it walking off the worksurface lol - not fun when making pasta the other day - boy does that take some kneading -granted 'babysitting' the kenwood was easier than the traditional way tho:rotfl:
    I think it just needs a bit of TLC & I'm sure I've seen something similar here but I just cant find it

(bet Squeaky finds it in 2 seconds flat lol)
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Psykicpup wrote: »
    Can I please revive this to ask if anyone has a link or manual on how to service an A701?
    Mine is working fine but is very noisy & dances about when making bread - I have to stand there with one hand on it to stop it walking off the worksurface lol - not fun when making pasta the other day - boy does that take some kneading -granted 'babysitting' the kenwood was easier than the traditional way tho:rotfl:
    I think it just needs a bit of TLC & I'm sure I've seen something similar here but I just cant find it

(bet Squeaky finds it in 2 seconds flat lol)

:D:D:D I'm in a bit of a rush just now. Have you looked at this thread :confused: Is your answer there :confused: If not, I'll take another look when I'm home later, unless Pink beats me to it today :p

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Addiscomber
    Addiscomber Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is a manual here, but it doesn't really go into servicing beyond cleaning.
    http://www.kenwoodservice.co.uk/instructions/A701instructions.htm

In my experience jumping about the work surface is caused by the stuff being mixed not being evenly distributed around the bowl. If mine starts dancing when mixing a bread dough I stop it, lift the head and break the mixture up with a spatula. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 goes, though.

Other thoughts
    1. Are you overloading it?
    2. How are the feet? The ones on the 701 that I got second hand were all flattened and broken. I bought some new ones through eBay and matters improved considerably. If you are using it with broken feet the dancing around may actually be scratching your worktop.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Psykicpup,

You aren't alone: My Kenwood Chef is trying to run away!

If you have a look through The Complete Kenwood Chef Collection there are some references to people servicing their kenwood chefs but the only link to a service manual for the A701 that I could find, is now obsolete I'm afraid.

Pink
  • Psykicpup
    Options
    Hi Psykicpup,

You aren't alone: My Kenwood Chef is trying to run away!

If you have a look through The Complete Kenwood Chef Collection there are some references to people servicing their kenwood chefs but the only link to a service manual for the A701 that I could find, is now obsolete I'm afraid.

Pink

:rotfl: that 1st link really made me grin...so glad I'm not alone then !
    think I'll try the tea-towel trick !
    that & a bit of oil should do it - its just 3-1 oil isnt it ?.....

• Psykicpup
    Options
    :D:D:D I'm in a bit of a rush just now. Have you looked at this thread :confused: Is your answer there :confused: If not, I'll take another look when I'm home later, unless Pink beats me to it today :p

Penny. x

She did :rotfl:

had a look through there first but didnt find anything useful really but Pink found me a link to others who have to babysit too - so a bit relieved now anyway
    Something makes me think it was a thread where people were boasting/comparing their Kenwoods if that rings any bells for anyone. There were other links to show the differences in models too if I remember rightly.......

Addiscomber - I will check the feet - hadnt thought of that - thanks

• Jaelor
    Jaelor Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I have a Magimix Compact 3 Automatic 100 Multi Cuve that DH bought me back in 2003 and I never used (was in my 20's then with no kids, now early 30's with 2 in tow and with a serious need of batch cooking to save money...).

Does anyone have the manual for this, or know where I could get one?

Many thanks in advance.
    Jaelor :hello:

We all make mistakes - that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills