PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weirdest tip ever?

Options

Comments

• metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    squeaky wrote: »

Guess what... This site comes out as the top result!!!!!
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
  • LilMissEmmylou
    Options
    when doing a french manicure the best thing to get a perfect line accross the tip (or in fact for doing a variety of patterns on your nails) is electrical tape :) sticks nice and tight, but is easy to peel off when the varnish has dried... no so weird i suppose but great tip (get it? great tip hehe)
  • Curv
    Curv Posts: 2,572 Forumite
    Options
    The oddest tip I ever read came from the Flylady site...it (predictably, it seems) also involves sanitary towels.

What you do is stick some sanitary towels with wings to the soles of your feet, spray your kitchen floor with antibacterial spray and 'skate' your way to a floor you can eat your dinner from.

HTH :rotfl:
    Things I wouldn't say to your face

Not my real name
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok only slightly wierd but in keeping with the general tone I think..

the 'delay spray' you can buy from certain adult shops/parties, works great on bee stings etc ...my ann summers rep used to sell out every summer after passing on that tip!

- & keep your aftersun in the fridge!
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • annifranakapan
    Options
    Weirdest tip I ever had was from a friend who advised me to leave a burnt saucepan outside on the grass in a shady place for a couple of days(turned upside down). She swore that when I then washed it the burnt offerings would then just wipe away. Afraid I didn't try this one - often wished I had though just to see the results!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    This thread should be called `1001 uses for sanitary towels`!

1002 if you ...

PS. This is inspired by the Australian cookbook, "101 things to do with a tin of cling peaches. (102 if you eat the b*gg*rs.)"
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My husband suggested that I should illustrate my tip (the original one!!) - ie have a photo taken of myself wearing the ST's! :eek: :eek: I politely said 'No.....' :rotfl:
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • sparklygirl1
    Options
    Go on don't be shy!
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • fluffalo
    Options
    Another ST one, I'm afraid.. I used to work in the sundry shop of a posh hotel and once when there was a fashion show on, two of the stylists came running in to buy ST for the male models - to stick in their armpits to stop sweat stains from showing on the clothes!
  • dolly_day_dream
    Options
    Weirdest tip I ever had was from a friend who advised me to leave a burnt saucepan outside on the grass in a shady place for a couple of days(turned upside down). She swore that when I then washed it the burnt offerings would then just wipe away. Afraid I didn't try this one - often wished I had though just to see the results!

I have never tried it but was told that slugs would eat their way through the grease and burnt bits on a roasting pan if left outside. I have obviously not tried this trick because I do not want to encourage slugs not because I think the idea of leaving my pans outside is gross.
    True wealth lies in contentment - not cash. Dollydaydream 2006
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport