PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Maryhinge, sorry to hear your sad news. This happened to my daughter just before Christmas last year. Thankfully she is now 23 weeks pg with a boy. I wish you all the best for the next one.

So I've been knitting a lot of baby boy things. I like Debbie Bliss and Bergere de France patterns and yarns at the moment (any other suggestions gratefully received)

I've made a lovely striped hoody in teal/ecru from Debbie Bliss. I also made a navy colour jacket with hood from Bergere. The pattern doesn't say to line it but I thought it would look better done. I'd like to say I have lined it myself but it would be a fib. I'd love to be able to sew nicely - sighs. I got some navy/white striped fabric and the local craft shop is lining it for me.

I'm currently working on a cabled tank top, another DB pattern, in indigo colour. I've done the front and am 2/3rd of the way up the back.

At the same time, i'm doing another hitchhiker. I've found that the WI cotton yarn in Hobbycraft is nice to work with and affordable.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    I would love to be able to knit for a baby again. Used to do lots for friends.
    My DD was living in Saudi Arabia when DGS was born so he certainly did not need anything knitted.

Now they are living in Malta I get to make the odd thing as they do have three months of cooler weather. Of course if I make him a jumper, if I don't make it too big he may only wear if half a dozen times before the warm weather is back. At age 4 he loves my hand knits.
  • spirit
    Options
    in woolshops, other than the yarn of course.

was in a local John Lewis last weekend and picked up some Bergere wool, when out crawled a moth!

anyone else discovered them?
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Yesterdayspirit I picked up one of my cardigans and out crawled a moth. I hope you did not buy the wool.
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    With yarn so expensive, it is a disaster to get moth!
  • spirit
    Options
    Yesterdayspirit I picked up one of my cardigans and out crawled a moth. I hope you did not buy the wool.

It was one I wanted so I rouked around and got different ones NM. then I put them in the freezer for a few days. I contacted JL to let them know. They offered a couple of cake n coffee vouchers for my trouble.

I had visions of them then going through all the racks of yarn looking for moths!
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Oh how nice not to be treated like it's your fault. John Lews provide a very good service. Wish I could afford to shop there.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'm on with some "snugglies" made from gifted snowflake wool, they will have arms and heads added by a friend for a charity stall at the christmas fair.

I also have hunted out some black aran from a aldi haul a while back to make in to beanie hats and wrist warmers for superman's winter warmer homeless project.

My stash is winderling down and I have very little left :T hoping to clear it all then stock up as and when needed - buying only for in mind projects!:o Mr H has stretched out in the "den" my yarn storage has been taken over with his junk :cool:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • spirit
    Options
    snowflake is lovely to work with isn't it Mary. Pics needed once done.

Last year I made an 'ice cream' blanket in it for 52 Lives. sooo soft.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 October 2017 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Morning all.

I finished a pair of socks last week. Well, at least, I finished the second one - I have absolutely no idea where the first sock is hiding. I have looked absolutely everywhere. Arrggghhhh......

Here’s a link to the Ravelry page. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PipneyJane/prom-socks-2-2017 (I’ve given up trying to post a photo on the iPad.). The yarn is Lidl’s Crelando Anika, which I stocked up on in 2012 and have made 1 jumper and 3 pairs of socks from so far. I have enough to make a third sock if necessary - I’ve got enough left for at least 2 more pairs - but I don’t want to. I just want to find the missing one.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback