PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello people,
    I am just getting back into knitting now I have a granddaughter. I knitted a couple of first size cardigans which turned out ok. I need help with sizes please. What size jumper should I knit for a one year old? I've looked at a couple of charts online but they have given me different sizes so I am confused ��. I am thinking size. 20"?
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Deleted due to duplicate.
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello people,
    I am just getting back into knitting now I have a granddaughter. I knitted a couple of first size cardigans which turned out ok. I need help with sizes please. What size jumper should I knit for a one year old? I've looked at a couple of charts online but they have given me different sizes so I am confused ��. I am thinking size. 20"?

If you have a look at Ravelry you can find patterns based on the age of the child.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#view=captioned_thumbs&availability=free&pc=sweater&fit=toddler%2Bbaby&sort=created&photo=yes&craft=knitting

These are free patterns I found for babies and toddlers.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Love the look of those socks, PipneyJane. :) I hope you find the missing one!
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love the look of those socks, PipneyJane. :) I hope you find the missing one!

Thank you. The pattern's my own invention.

I've had a brainwave. It had completely slipped my mind that I was at Proms In the Park when I finished the first. I think I gave it to the friend who came with us, with the promise of a second in due course. She'd just lost her partner of over 20 years and was busy trying to be cheerful. I've emailed her to ask. (I often give a pair of socks as "hugs for your feet" to friends going through a hard time.)
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I can't find my cable needle. I stuck it behind my ear when knitting yesterday afternoon, then forgot about it. Can't find it anywhere now.

No knitting today as I can't go out to get a new one. ;-(
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • berrybug
    berrybug Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Use a dp needle , a skewer , or even a paperclip straightened out they all work I've done them all
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Found it, I had the place apart - or it would have been the dpn berrybug.

So I've got the Debbie Bliss cabled jumper on the go again and at the same time I'm making a hooded baby jacket for a friends daughter. This is in Bergere de France Teddy. I've made quite a few of these. It's really quick to knit up as usues size 5 needles.

Re the knitting week thing, I don't knit to save money at all either. It's partly a hobby and I want friends and family to have things that you can't buy in the shops. the yarn I buy DB and Bergere is not cheap at all.

I used the acrylic yarns for my charity knits, mainly because that's what the hospitals want since they can shove them in the washing machine.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Patricia01
    Options
    If anyone's like me and loves FREE knitting patterns, I get mine from loveknitting.com, allfreeknitting.com, and ravelry.com - just give them your email address, and you can download lots of patterns. I put them on my tablet so I can access them any time.
  • berrybug
    berrybug Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pintrest is another great place for free patterns
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback