AOL BROADBAND for £9.99

Options
13»

Comments

• crystalsinger
    Options
    I think £9.99 is as low as it goes. O2 is doing a £7.50 offer if its cheap you need
    I think I am going slightly mad.....
  • I've been with AOL for well over 10 years and have been paying £24.99 on the platinum price plan (which they don't offer now) anyway broadband speed has dipped to under 1mb on a line that could in a perfect world hit a max of 3.5mb, so decided to go for the wireless free router £9.99 for 6 months route, instead of paying £150 for 6 months will happily pay £60 for 6 months as the level of service doesn't reflect the £24.99 price.......and then after the 6 months I will ring up and see if there is any movement on the £14.99 price....
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    becareful if you take up a new offer you might be on a 18 month contract
  • crystalsinger
    Options
    I've been with AOL for well over 10 years and have been paying £24.99 on the platinum price plan (which they don't offer now) anyway broadband speed has dipped to under 1mb on a line that could in a perfect world hit a max of 3.5mb, so decided to go for the wireless free router £9.99 for 6 months route, instead of paying £150 for 6 months will happily pay £60 for 6 months as the level of service doesn't reflect the £24.99 price.......and then after the 6 months I will ring up and see if there is any movement on the £14.99 price....
    Ring them back, it sounds like you were talking to the overseas call centre. Say that the increase to £14.99 is not reasonable and ask for the number for the cancellation dept to get your mac? code. The cancellation department are in this country, and when you tell them its the £14.99 after 6 months that you dont like and that you can move to say O2 for £7.50 or BT for £9.99 without an increase and for the same contract term they will give you the offer for £9.99 for a year and as long as you remain with them. They were really helpful and it was easy to do... once you get through to the cancellations team.
    I think I am going slightly mad.....
  • TylieTiger
    TylieTiger Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Not wanting to offend but there's no point in speaking to the asian call centre people. When I phoned up a few weeks ago I spoke to a tidy irish fella. He'd seen I'd been on the £9.99 package which included the evening and weekend calls since last year. The only other thing he could offer me was unlimited calls. I couldn't believe it! £9.99 for unlimited 8 meg broadband ( 5.6 mb is what I'm getting ) plus all my calls free. And as the only things that was changing was my call package, I wasn't tied down to another 12 month with my broadband. I'm just paying month by month. Sweet!:T
  • neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know how much AOL enforce their download allowances?.Im thinking of going for the Wireless Flexi no contract package with anytime calls to uk landlines for £14.99 per month.It is 10gb allowance.Do they charge if you go over that?.....Neil
  • fatboy88
    fatboy88 Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, i was offered this £9.99 and was told after 6 months if you leave they wont impose a penalty charge. Think i have this on email somewhere, just havent got round to accepting it yet as paid for a month up to the 26th
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure