Creative Uses of a Laminator?

Options
Hi, I treated myself to a laminator in the sales recently (still on @WHS - A3 Laminator reduced from £39.99 to £19.99) as I like to think of myself as a creative person and thought there MUST be loads of things I can do with one... BUT the question is, what are they? Looking back at past forums on this site, I've seen 'I use my laminator lots'... can I ask the question what for? I'm not a recipe person (can't cook :o ) which seems to be the main use for one. Can any of you lovely creative people here help me out please? (Gift ideas would also be good as this is after all the Special Occasions board) Thanks in advance..
I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Placements - personalised of course. I'm a teacher so use my laminator lots and lots for teaching stuff.

Badges maybe for younger members of the family. Laminating certificates etc!

Can't think of any more - HTH's

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • marvalous
    Options
    you can make personalised placemats. Just google for some ideas.

I would love to get one myself!
    Newbie Debt Ninja
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've always used mine for laminating the kids certificates when they've got them, and off road cycle routes printed off the net. I've also used it to make circuit cards for sports, and signs for around the house when we had kids parties and big BBQ's e.g shoes here, toilet, bin, cans, fridge etc.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • wendy_ann1983
    Options
    if you like cross stitching how about laminating book marks, ive tried it and it came out ok or printing out nice sayings to laminate and use as bookmarks.

wipe clean boards, if you have a house work chart print, laminate and tick when done, can be wiped weekly. may stain after a while

for the placemat ideas if you have kids how about printing a4 pics of them and laminating them
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone and yes, I have got two young boys so they will appreciate those suggestions :D

In the instructions to my laminator it said 'we do not recommend the use of self-printed photos' - what?! Anybody any idea why that is? :confused:

Great ideas, any more?...
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Options
    you can put flowers, leaves, glitter all kinds of things in them,
    stamp collections just don't have them too hot,
    packs of cards that the kids collect, posters for walls, i wrote a poem for a friend and added a picture of us to it, we printed out balck n white photo's and them framed them with material, glitter and rose leaves the kids loved doing it. you can also make id cards, menu cards, luggage tags, dog or kids tags, learning games like ABC. or signs like put the seat down. oh i could go on and on hope some of these inspire you
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • lato161105
    Options
    i laminate the invites i make if not doing tons lol and kids pics wen i get em or when you print pics off pc the laminate just my ideas lol
  • code-a-holic
    code-a-holic Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to say as someone else has already done - Kids artwork they bring home from school. have a pile near the dinner table and they get to pick which to use as a placemat.
  • soon2bjobless
    Options
    Heres a link for how to laminate bookmarks..

http://www.itschristmas.org.uk/bookmarks.html

You could also print off calenders - ie from hp.com with you own photos and laminate them as gifts
    Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
  • weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    laminate pages from Club International, so they're wipe-clean?
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure