Creative Uses of a Laminator?

Options

Comments

• qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, weegie.geek don't know, what is Club International? :confused:

I've found out what my instructions mean about not laminating self-printed photos they mean Polaroid-type photos because of the dangerous processing chemicals contained in them.

Thanks for the suggestions (keep 'em coming!)
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :shocked: :doh: Doh! Just realised! (What Club International is!) :o:o:o:o:o:o and no, people, don't ask me ask weegie.geek if you don't know! :D
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    ;)

Oh, I've got a good one. You could laminate the other half's post before they have a chance to open it.
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    qwiksave wrote: »
    I've found out what my instructions mean about not laminating self-printed photos they mean Polaroid-type photos because of the dangerous processing chemicals contained in them.

you'll also find that anything that has been thermally printed (receipts are quite common) can not be lamintaed, because the heat of the laminator makes them illegible.

normal photos can be laminated (ones professionlly developed). the one i have in my wallet has been laminated for extra stength/protection
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • merlinormartin
    Options
    you can laminate small photographs/pictures ...stick magnet on the back *voila* fridge magnet!
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can get the children to cut out snowflakes, circle folded 3 or 4 times then cut through layers, open up and decorate with glitter. Laminate them and punch a hole through the top to put thread through and hang them on the tree next christmas.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • Kazzajr
    Kazzajr Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You also shouldn't laminate scan photos.

I have also recently purchased a laminator and thought I'd have loads of uses for it, it is handy for ds pictures and he got a certificate from school the other day and straightaway we laminated it.
  • guerillasaver
    Options
    How about fake id's, sell them to the kids and you'll be quids in :rotfl:
    _________
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    I did some vouchers as presents as christmas - i created one for a trip to the cinema, and one for a subscription to a magazine. Did them on word, printed them out and laminated them.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • chatty123
    chatty123 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My mum has 10 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren so she has lots of fotos all over the house. So when i bought my laminator i scanned all the fotos for her and made collages in themes, i.e. weddings, parties, days out etc.
    i then laminated them in A4 size back to back. she now uses them as placemats and as they are double sided she has different fotos to look at daily..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure