Tesco voucher codes DISCUSSION ONLY!

Options

Comments

• mazza2303
    Options
    toms wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think I have got the wrong end of the stick. Some codes say that they can't be used, but most codes that I try say they have been used 'a maximum number of times'. When you hear of multiple accounts and 'banking' vouchers it becomes very clear. If everyone only used vouchers when they wanted to place an order there might be more to go around and therefore more money saving as I suspect many get wasted or unused (I think Tesco probably bank on this!)

I have tried to use codes that have come up with the message that it has been used the "maximum number of times" only to see that at a later date someone has used it successfully. (You just need to read through the 'no chat' thread on this subject which just lists the codes). This confirms my view that some accounts are 'blocked'. I can see your way of thinking though, and if you are correct then it is selfish for others to 'bank' codes on different accounts and then not use them.

It will be interesting to read other people's views on this subject!
  • inamar
    inamar Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, My delivery was late for an hour today and i was wondering can I report it and claim smthg out if it?TIA
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Apologies if this has been discussed before ...

I've got a few codes "banked" and have just tried to check out, but the website will not allow me to use any of the codes :confused: In the end, I had to remove them to enable me to check out (made a note of them just in case).

Just wondered if either of the following could have affected the process :-

- I've changed my bank account/card details.
    - I've upgraded to IE7 since my last order.

Anyone else experienced this, or have any idea what could have happened?

Cheers,

Mimi
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry this isn't quite about codes but it is about tesco delivery and wasn't sure where else I could ask. I've just had my first tesco delivery and we took the crates up to the flat (2nd floor). I looked out the window and saw that the driver had gone. So now I've got three of those green crate things. I thought they were meant to take them away? What should I do with them? Will he come back and collect them later?
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    hi, never had these left but it does say on Tesco website they will collect them so suggest you have a look at that
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Yes I agree. Different accounts are treated differently.

I have shopped week in and week out on my own account mostly using a code. Seems my account no longer will take any code which I think is terrible as I am a regular customer.

My mother on the other hand has only used the delivery service a few times and has no problems using codes (which won't work on my account)

She also gets sent codes through the post to use as an incentive to use on line shopping again.

So much for looking after your regular customers. :confused:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • superstylin
    Options
    Sorry this isn't quite about codes but it is about tesco delivery and wasn't sure where else I could ask. I've just had my first tesco delivery and we took the crates up to the flat (2nd floor). I looked out the window and saw that the driver had gone. So now I've got three of those green crate things. I thought they were meant to take them away? What should I do with them? Will he come back and collect them later?

Just hang onto them until next time. We've got about 12 of them that we kept because we were moving. They cam ein really handy but we'll be giving them back once we've taken all the dvd's, books, etc out of them. don't worry they don't charge you if you hang onto them
    "a workman, even of the lowest and poorest order, if he is frugal and industrious, may enjoy a greater share of the necessaries and conveniences of life than it is possible for any savage to acquire."
  • on-the-count-of-three
    Options
    MimiJane wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been discussed before ...

I've got a few codes "banked" and have just tried to check out, but the website will not allow me to use any of the codes :confused: In the end, I had to remove them to enable me to check out (made a note of them just in case).

Just wondered if either of the following could have affected the process :-

- I've changed my bank account/card details.
    - I've upgraded to IE7 since my last order.

Anyone else experienced this, or have any idea what could have happened?

Cheers,

Mimi

No, this has been happening to me since well before Christmas, regardless of whether they are banked or newly applied. I cannot get any codes to work on the account I use regularly, whether they are for money off, extra points, or even the 10p off if you spend £5 on veg etc type, even though I have complied with the terms of the offer.
    As you say, sometimes they appear to work..you go off & do your shop..& then you can't check out. I simply believe, as others have said, some accounts are blocked.

I have not used my own account for some time (although I don't get any offers of discount codes either to encourage me back. :() as for the past year or so I have used my son's account to give him the extra points whilst he's at Uni. On my last shop I reverted to my own account and the first discount I tried (which I had tried previously on my son's account) went straight through, no problem.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Worked for me too. Thanks. Banked for me to use for next weeks shop. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • chloe_london
    Options
    I have been a faithful Tesco shopper for ever, and spend around £100 a week on food. I've been shopping mainly online for the last 4 years.
    I used to be sent tesco emails with various offers and sometimes codes, but these have totally dried up now. I've had none for ages. I used to find the occasional online code and save on the delivery charge, but none of these have worked for me for around 4 months.

I think its quite unfair they seem to be blocking any sort of code from being used, and thus discriminating against their very regular shoppers.
    I spent £98 this week, but couldn't even use a code for £1 off fresh vegetables, or extra points!

Ocado often send me codes and offers, I'm feeling quite tempted, but will they then follow suite? Surely Tesco could spare a couple of £'s from their profits to offer a free delivery or reduced delivery charge if you spend over £75?

They've even become stingy with their bags, and although I didn't ask for a box only delivery, that's what I've had on the last couple of deliveries - didn't get green clubcard points though, and I always re-use and recycle my bags, so they're not wasted. It takes a lot longer to carry items through to the kitchen, a few things at a time, rather than a bagful at a time!!
    All the time with my saved heat escaping from the front door - thus wasting energy - and costing me more!

I hope you're reading this Tesco, as you don't seen to listen if I phone you!

Chloe london
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport