Tesco voucher codes DISCUSSION ONLY!

Options

Comments

• dur_ozzie
    Options
    I just used teh £100 saving code for my first online order - didn't buy any baby stuff - and it worked
  • lisae03
    lisae03 Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Domh

The exact same thing happened to me. I told them as I hadn't yet unpacked the shopping could they please send the driver to collect it. She soon put my discount through :-)
  • lifeslove
    lifeslove Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    sorry if this is a stupid question but my order is for just over £50, if something isn't in stock and it takes the value to below the £50 I take it they will then charge me delivery ? Thanks
  • lifeslove
    lifeslove Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    alley88 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just received this free delivery code today. XXH8GH minimum order £50. Expiry date 15 February 2009.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks but it didn't work for me...Error : voucher cannot be accepted :(
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Not used Tesco for ages and the site has changed a lot. How/where do I stash my evouchers?
    Thanks
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Trevelyan
    Options
    XX-DELV - maximum number of uses
    BHTXZ4WXYPLY - can only be used twice per order
  • toms_3
    Options
    I'd wondered why Tesco codes were becoming harder to find. After reading this I have realised its not really because Tesco are issuing less, its because some people are being really selfish with codes. 5 ACCOUNTS! Please don't tell me that you use ALL the codes that you hog on these accounts. This is just really mean. We're ALL trying to make ends meet and spend a little less, it just seems that some people don't care if they screw over other money savers as they go. Well to ALL of you having multiple accounts and hogging codes so the rest of us can't get a look in because we play fair and only use the codes as and when we shop SHAME ON YOU. Is this what money drives us to? Selfish and inconsiderate behaviour. We're supposed to be helping each other on this site! This is exactly the opposite.
  • mazza2303
    Options
    Toms, I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick.

I don't think that those people who have multiple accounts affect the issue of codes by tesco. My belief is that some accounts are targetted with codes, eg. those that aren't regular shoppers with Tesco and conversely some accounts are 'blocked' somehow by Tesco, eg. those who shop week in, week out regardless.

I belong in the latter group and use tesco online every week whether or not I have a code. Therefore I believe that my account (and I only have 1 at the moment) has some sort of block on it now and I am unable to use a code unless it has been specifically sent to me. Having said that I did manage to use a £5 off last week (xx-6m3q exp 22/2) which was the first for many weeks! Not so lucky this week unfortunately and therefore I am tempted to open another account with them.

I don't see how this will have any impact on anyone elses attempt to use codes unless of course it can only be used a certain amount of times. Although a code comes up with this mesage sometimes, I don't believe it as it may not work for one person but a day later may work for someone else -
    as proven by the comments on this and other threads.
  • toms_3
    Options
    Sadly I don't think I have got the wrong end of the stick. Some codes say that they can't be used, but most codes that I try say they have been used 'a maximum number of times'. When you hear of multiple accounts and 'banking' vouchers it becomes very clear. If everyone only used vouchers when they wanted to place an order there might be more to go around and therefore more money saving as I suspect many get wasted or unused (I think Tesco probably bank on this!)
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    I use 2 accounts 1 in my name and 1 in my husbands,sorry to repeat this for thoses who have already read it:rolleyes: ....but OH and I are treated differently by Tesco.Despite me trying to use both accounts equaly mine was offered an earlier chance to book a Christmas slot and I was sent the codes for 1000 extra points whilst my husband had neither.I therefore do not feel guilty at having 2 accounts as I only use a code when I shop and have never "banked" codes.If tesco had any sense they would stop all codes and just give free delivery if you spent over a certain amount!.....I have also had codes they sent me refused at the checkout so have had to phone and been promised they would be added .....never were:mad: :mad: :mad: I have alos tried codes from websites which work on 1 account and not the other but then work on my sons account (different address Tom!)so don't agree that people with multuiple accouints are grabing all the codes and stopping others having them,just sems to be the luck of the draw if they work on certain accounts:think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure