PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaker - Budget option

Options

Comments

• mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    I've got the morphy richards fastbake one too and I love it! Got ours in asda for approx £35 (nearly died on the spot as I actually had the money to buy one when i spotted a bargain for a change!), I'm very impressed with it, it's straightforward to use, bakes lovely bread, the raisin bread is yummy! we love the pizza dough too, I use ours all the time, my mum has the panasonic which I've heard rave reviews about, but if you are on a tight budget and you want one NOW, the morphy richards is an excellent buy :)
  • Curry_Queen
    Options
    If anyone is still considering buying a breadmaker and either can't afford or don't want to pay a lot for one until they know whether they'll use it regular, then Tesco have just emailed me with today's deal of the day and its a Goodmans Breadmaker for £27.99 plus free delivery.

Offer runs out at 10am tomorrow so you'll have to be quick!

PS I've no idea how this BM compares to others so it might be worth searching for some reviews before committing to buy and see what you think :)

Edit: to say I've also just posted it to the Grabbit board before any BG thinks about moving it ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good for you! :p;):):D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Str4berr3
    Options
    I'm still saving for mine (The panasonic B/M)
    I'll get there.... :(
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Str4berr3 wrote:
    I'm still saving for mine (The panasonic B/M)
    I'll get there.... :(

The wait and effort will be worth it though Str4brr:)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    Okay, I've got enough for a breadmaker now. I wondered if anyone could tell me what the difference between the panasonic 252 and 253 is? There's a £20 difference and if it's just for the nut dispenser, then I can do without it! Am I missing something else? Does it do more?

Very excited! Can't wait to get it, which ever one it is. The flour and yeast are already sitting waiting to be mixed!
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As far as I know - it's just the nut dispenser. No doubt someone will be along to correct me in a minute :D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Benmollymoo
    Options
    Unbeatable's website has a graded 252 for £47.98 plus £7.99 postage ifthat's of any help gingham Ribbon.
  • Str4berr3
    Options
    On Tuesday, I wrote them a email asking why the Panasonic 223 was not on sale for graded stock as it used to be for sale for around 65 Pounds.

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_25083.html

I got a automatic messege from abc.com that the site : Unbeatable.com has moved and any recent purchases - awaiting to receive must ring 00000000000 - sorry dont remember the number and have delected the messege. :o

So I think you should leave it for a while with any Purchases with them, even though the site is still up and running.
    Or ring number displayed in link provided above.
  • billieboy_2
    Options
    mah_jong wrote:
    Hi there

My first breadmaker was a cheapie one that was given to me.....I bought a panansonic earlier this year and I can tell you that the bread is 100 times better!!! However my first was not a cookworks so cannot compare the two.

I would hold out for a panasonic!!!! Whats the diifference.... the cycle, the size of pan, the paddle.... everything!
    Do I take it then that the paddle makes a smaller hole in the finished loaf? That's one of the things that's put me off a breadmaker, having a big hole in the loaf! My fil's Russell Hobbs makes quite a bit hole. I'm looking to get one with birthday money next month and it looks like the Panasonic 253 is the best buy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure