Tesco CEO email address?

Options
Hi,
I was wondering if any kind soul could point me in the direction of the email address for the CEO of Tesco's. I have been repeatedly fobbed off and now ignored by Customer Disservice and want to take it higher. Thanks!

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Hi cavycrazy,

If you use the search function at the top of the page, you should be able to find it through that. It is on the right hand side of the line below where it says 'Welcome, cavycrazy' (just above where it says 'Start Here').

Hope you get it sorted x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    Thank you very much; I have located the email address and will be firing off my thoughts to him today. I sincerely doubt I will get it sorted but it's worth a go! There's not much that I can see they can feasibly do, but just an acknowledgement would be nice!

Thanks for your help!
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    Well, I'm sure I have piqued everyone's interest with this thread, so here is a copy of the email I have just sent.

"
    Hello,
    I am e-mailing you after being repeatedly ignored by Customer Services and the Ilkeston store. Before Christmas, my husband left your store with a trolley of shopping. En route back to his motorcycle, a car reversed straight at him without looking where he was going. The car was on the no-parking bit straight outside the doors.

My husband jumped out of the way, and shouted at the driver "Watch where you're going!". The driver got out of the car, asked if my husband had a problem, to which my husband replied "Yes, your driving." The driver walked off and my husband thought no more of it.

He then proceeded to his bike and began packing his shopping. As he was packing, the driver came out of the store with a security guard and identified himself as the manager. He then proceeded to ban my husband from all Tesco stores! My husband did nothing more than complain to an unidentified driver reversing in a pedestrian area, and even if he had been aware that it was a Tesco manager driving, it would still not excuse the sheer stupidity of reversing in a pedestrian area where there are likely to be children and disabled people who perhaps cannot move as quickly as my husband could.

Upon his return home, I was outraged and in my disbelief, phoned the Ilkeston store to ascertain whether it had indeed been a manager and not someone abusing his friendship with a security guard. I was assured that it was.

I immediately emailed Customer Services to inform them of this incident and to stress how ludicrous I thought it was that a person should be banned from a store for complaining, without swearing and in a rational manner, about behaviour that had the police seen it, would likely have gotten the driver fined. Customer Services replied, telling me that they would pass my complaint onto Ilkeston, who would contact me directly.

This was in November. I have heard nothing from Ilkeston and subsequent emails have gone ignored. Out of interest, I phoned Ilkeston again to enquire what should happen if one of the many electrical items I purchased from Tesco's should break down, now that my husband is banned from every store, he obviously cannot return a faulty item. I was also interested how I can now spend the clubcard points I have accumulated. I was fobbed off with the comment that Tesco items do not break down and hung up on!

I am absolutely amazed that such a large store can condone their managers recklessly endangering lives of customers (you know, the people that keep you in a job) and then ban the customer when they have the temerity to protest at such behaviour!

I await your comments with interest."
  • michilin27
    Options
    am gobsmacked!!!cant wait to see their response!!!
    Northern Ireland member 324- getting hitched Sept 2012!:j:j
  • Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt if he uses the store he will be recognised anyway.
    Sounds like a "mini hitler"(the store manager) to me
  • Sssssss
    Sssssss Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    what reason did he give for banning your husband?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Am thinking there is more to this than the OP's husband is letting on?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Mum_of_3_3
    Options
    This may help it's the addresses for quite a few CEOs

http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Here's Terry Leahy's info: TescoTerry Leahy, Chief Executive[EMAIL="terry.leahy@tesco.com"]terry.leahy@tesco.com[/EMAIL]

Hope you get somewhere, what shocking behaviour I hope the manager gets repremanded for his behaviour!

Good luck

M-o_3
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    Sssssss wrote: »
    what reason did he give for banning your husband?

Being abusive toward staff; at no point was he abusive other than what I have said and he was not aware that the driver was staff until he came out with a security guard.

dmg25: OH is a very mildtempered and quiet person, so much so that he will not complain about anything, ever. He would much rather pay and leave a half frozen meal in a restaurant, for example, rather then say anything, so I have no doubt that what he says is the truth.

Butlers1982: Yes, he no doubt could go back in the store - they ban so many people they cannot possibly remember everyone. It was on the front page of the local paper, for example, that a woman was banned for merely complaining about mouldy tomatoes. She was banned for politely yet insistently requesting a refund. But it is the principle - he will not return to the store. Even if the CEO himself were to email him and tell him he is free to shop in the store again, he still won't.
  • drunkenmonkey
    Options
    I'm going to pass this on to the CSD at the store I work in will give them some giggles as to other stores barmy rules!

I can see why security did it, they were following their bosses rules. If this was passed on to my CSD team I dunno what they would do about it which is maybe why they haven't done anything about it. It needs to go to an area manager I'd imagine. I certainly wouldn't bite the hand that feeds me anyway! I'll see if I can dig some names up for you!

I don't know if sir terry actually receives external email or if it goes to his secretary first. I'd imagine he receives internal email only and anything external gets forwarded on where it's deemed necessary as is the case with most companies.

*Anything said here is my own personal opinion and views and not those of Tesco Plc or any of its subsidiaries.*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure