Great Cosmetics Cost Cutting Hunt

Comments

• megsykins
    megsykins Posts: 210 Forumite
    I know it's not the first place people think of for cosmetics, but eBay can be useful.
    One product I like are Frownies, an american product which I've only found in posh dept stores over here for around £20+; on eBay for less than £10 inc P&P. :j

lyniced - you might even be able to get hold of a Nails Inc polish pen on eBay (I always think QVC cosmetics are a bit over priced)

Also, H&M do an own-brand lipgloss that IMO is as good as Lancome's Juicy Tubes :)
  • meece
    meece Posts: 273 Forumite
    Hi,
    I have used https://www.beverlybeaute.com recently, and their service is great. OPI nail polish is £4.50 instead of £8-£9, and the p&p is £3 flat rate. They do lots of different ranges as well (inc. nails inc lyniced)- all new stock not old colours. They are based in the U.S. and when a polish was damaged in the post they immediately sent a replacement with an e-mail apology.
    "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.":D
    Miss Mona, The Best Little *****house in Texas
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Can't find Nails Inc - can you tell me where they are, please?
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • hi i'm 43 years old and swear buy using aquase cream as a moisteriser cost 99p at any chemist . dont dry your face after washing wet hands apply cream to wet skin pat dry . wonderful . best cleanser liz earl about £9 a large pump called cleanse and polish. belive me my days of paying out big money are over i have used everything advertised and always go back to this
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Oh my goodness - am I going mad ? Where has the post gone about using aromatherapy oils as anti-aging cream?????
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • hi yes babywipes are ok but they have an anti uria inthem to prevent nappy rash !! this stripe the skin so take care, go to semi chem or like for cheap facial wipes at 99p :confused:
  • silverbirch_3
    silverbirch_3 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Become an avon lady. You don't have to go door to door, you can just sign up for friends and family. All reps get a link brochure showing new products coming out 2 campaigns ahead which you can purchase at a demonstration price which is a fraction of the normal brochure price. The brochure offers are good as well they often do buy 2, get one free offers and you find several customers will order 1 so when you put your orders through you get all the free ones. I've only being doing avon 3 campaigns and i have already got 3 free remington hairdryers, loads of free lipsticks and eye shadows plus i ended up with 7 free handbags so my daughters friends all love me lol. The current link offer is 18 bottles of shampoo/conditioners which you select from there range for £12.40 so i've stocked up on them. You only need to look at the prices avon stuff is going for on ebay to realise how many reps are getting it cheap as they wouldn't be making a profit otherwise. Plus you get 25% commission so that more than covers the cost of my own purchases.
    £2 coin savers club = £288
  • To scent your underwear/sweaters etc. try placing empty bottles of perfume in your clothes drawers. Uwrapped bars of soap work well too - and they get harder and last longer as a result.
  • Thanks for that meece - one of my all time favourite products, Qtica half time polish dryer at a brilliant price. Had a load of birthday money today (lucky me!) so some of it will be spent on this.

Lyttlewonder you are right about the Liz Earle stuff, that is something else my money is going on. There is a Liz Earle TSV on QVC today but can't remember what it is off the top of my head.
  • s@sha
    s@sha Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jut wanted to say I've posted about some Liz Earle offers in a separate thread, as didn't realize this one was here. Got to agree , Liz Earle stuff is fab & most of it lasts ages so it works out quite economically in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure