Toluna Discussion (merged)

Options

Comments

• wavy
    wavy Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2017 at 3:27PM
    Options
    I would like to put the other side to this rant by Sandie Parsley about Toluna . I have been a member for several years , everyone will vary in how quickly they will earn enough points for a voucher, some members may take a couple of weeks some may take a few months , ...you will never earn more then pocket money , it seems some expect to earn fortunes , so I suppose it depends what you mean by earning anything decent ....Toluna provide regular surveys and also provide an interesting forum.
    I would highly recommend Toluna.
  • Sandie_Parsley
    Options
    'I would like to put the other side to this rant by Sandie Parsley about Toluna'

I would like to point out this wasn't a rant - it was a personal view of how slow the process of gathering points on Toluna was!
    Also the fact that MSE was stating you got 15,000 to 50,000 points per survey which in my experience is totally untrue, and as I really rate this web site I would like to think they would get it right.
    I do not expect to earn a fortune, I am realistic enough to realise this, but things like 'Gifties' are misleading (you really have to read ALL the information to understand the way it works - or doesn't)
    If you think its good then that's your opinion 'Wavy' and I respect that. It just isn't working for me.
    Rant over :)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MSE was stating you got 15,000 to 50,000 points per survey which in my experience is totally untrue, and as I really rate this web site I would like to think they would get it right.

Where is that quoted Sandie?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sandie_Parsley
    Options
    On listing in survey section - hope the below helps :)

Toluna
    Earn vouchers or 'gifties'
    Another survey site to try is Toluna. Forumites earn regular rewards in the form of gift cards or a PayPal payment. Alternatively you can use your points to buy virtual items – dubbed 'gifties' – that have the potential of becoming the real thing.
    Once you reach 60,000 points, you can start redeeming them for rewards. 55,000 will get you a £10 retail voucher, including Marks and Spencer, Mothercare and Argos.
    Some forumites are frustrated about how long it takes to receive vouchers after you've ordered them. It also seems to take quite a long time for points to be added onto members' accounts after they've completed surveys. Toluna says it can take up to six weeks sometimes for points to be added, although they try and limit this as much as they can.
    Quick stats
    Payment method: High street vouchers incl Amazon & Love2Shop
    Typical ££ per survey: 15,000 to 50,000 points
    Payout threshold: 60,000 points (worth £10+ in retail vouchers)
    Typical survey time: 15-30 mins
    Feed back: Toluna
  • sarah1972
    Options
    On listing in survey section - hope the below helps :)

Toluna
    Earn vouchers or 'gifties'
    Another survey site to try is Toluna. Forumites earn regular rewards in the form of gift cards or a PayPal payment. Alternatively you can use your points to buy virtual items – dubbed 'gifties' – that have the potential of becoming the real thing.
    Once you reach 60,000 points, you can start redeeming them for rewards. 55,000 will get you a £10 retail voucher, including Marks and Spencer, Mothercare and Argos.
    Some forumites are frustrated about how long it takes to receive vouchers after you've ordered them. It also seems to take quite a long time for points to be added onto members' accounts after they've completed surveys. Toluna says it can take up to six weeks sometimes for points to be added, although they try and limit this as much as they can.
    Quick stats
    Payment method: High street vouchers incl Amazon & Love2Shop
    Typical ££ per survey: 15,000 to 50,000 points
    Payout threshold: 60,000 points (worth £10+ in retail vouchers)
    Typical survey time: 15-30 mins
    Feed back: Toluna

Thanks, you may find it better to send the OP a message so they can amend.

I assume its on the up your income board?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sandie_Parsley
    Options
    sorry, don't know how to do that??
  • sarah1972
    Options
    sorry, don't know how to do that??

What board is it on?
  • Sandie_Parsley
    Options
    Its not on a board its on the main site under survey's, if you tap Toluna in the search button it takes you to a list of survey sites and this is the information there
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Its not on a board its on the main site under survey's, if you tap Toluna in the search button it takes you to a list of survey sites and this is the information there

Got it http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys

If you think the info is incorrect you could post with what you feel is wrong here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Or if you prefer you could message Andrea who is the Forum Editorial Liaison here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=12016

click send a private message.
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ive been doing toluna surveys since Christmas and out of the blue today I have an email telling me they have closed my account and my accrued points are now not valid. no reason given and just stated I have not adhered to their terms and conditions!!! that's news to me!!! can I do anything about this. ive already emailed them for an explanation.....but wont be holding my breath!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback