Forum Home» Motoring

Halfords Trade Card - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Halfords Trade Card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
413 replies 299.1K views

Replies

• Needed a sidelight bulb today so here's the discount.

Twinpack 12V 5W sidelight bulbs, shelf price £2.49. Trade price 46p

Also asked for discount on some Wynns oil stop leak, but that wasn't discounted.
  • anewmananewman Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wynn's oil stop leak seems to help a bit. I had disappearing oil syndrome in my car and it seemed to have slowed that down a great deal. I'm not sure if the product has been taken under the Redex branding now? http://www.4wheelplay.co.uk/redex-stop-leak-p-25003160.html seen this in Wilkinsons.

Looks like this card's worth it for the bulbs alone.
  • i think bulbs must be their star purchase item

when i got my card i quizzed the goon on what items had what discount, he kept going on about how the bulbs are very cheap etc

said not much off oil,paint,tools
  • another discount ive found on the trade card.

halfords set of 5 H.T leads rrp 12.99. trade price £6.38.

even less than half rrp,a pretty good saving there.
    ...work permit granted!
  • aint bad...£12 was a decent price already what car is that for
  • steveo3002 wrote: »
    aint bad...£12 was a decent price already what car is that for

it was one of the cheaper sets,i was buying them for a forklift truck,im not sure which car they are meant for.
    they had a few different sets at £12.99 going up to £30.
    it was a pretty good saving though i thought.
    ...work permit granted!
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got my trade card. Took in a pile of out of date invoices with a new one on the top. He asked if I had a wage slip - I showed him a print out from the website that said a large amount of invoices should be acceptable. He asked if I was a self-employed mechanic and I told him the truth that I was a student and did work on my own car, and he went off to ask the manager who ok'd it. Got a can of Halfords brake cleaner, £4.39 instead of £5.49. Not amazing but better than nothing :)
  • anewman wrote: »
    Just got my trade card. Took in a pile of out of date invoices with a new one on the top. He asked if I had a wage slip - I showed him a print out from the website that said a large amount of invoices should be acceptable. He asked if I was a self-employed mechanic and I told him the truth that I was a student and did work on my own car, and he went off to ask the manager who ok'd it. Got a can of Halfords brake cleaner, £4.39 instead of £5.49. Not amazing but better than nothing :)

well done anewman,honesty was the best policy here then.
    remember to put all your savings up here so we can have a rough idea before we go and buy anything.
    ...work permit granted!
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laser Brake Spanners - normally £3.99 - Trade £3.19
    Halfords Split Pin selection approx 550 6 different sizes - normally £6.99 - Trade £4.99

Interestingly a Champion Air filter normally £1.99 - trade £2.20, so 21p more with trade card. Didn't bother complaining as it was only 21p.
  • thats strange about the filter.
    ...work permit granted!