cravings

Comments

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    jellyhead wrote:
    oh no, i keep eating mcdonalds egg muffins for breakfast, will my poor child grow up addicted to junk food ?! :eek:

lol...the only thing that stopped me from feeling sick was a McDonalds bacon and egg muffin (every day :rolleyes: ) but my little un won't eat any junk food....insists on casseroles and roast dinners:confused: (17 months! :rolleyes: )
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• maggie1976
    maggie1976 Posts: 97 Forumite
    I'm 16 weeks pregnant now, and at the start I went right off everything dairy, bread (made breakfast tricky!), chocolate, wine (thankfully - I was a big wine drinker before falling pregnant and I'm glad I haven't missed it) and I only wanted crisps and savoury things.

Now I'm back on cereal for breakfast and I ate a yoghurt today for the first time in 12 weeks lol! I haven't had any cravings yet, though I do enjoy my crisps and chips but I'm trying to keep those to 1 pack a day (crisps) and one portion a week (chips).

There's nothing I'm particularly missing, though I do quite fancy egg and chips for tea but not really any point if you can't have a runny yolk!

My DH keeps joking that he doesn't believe I'm really pregnant as I'm not craving gherkins (which I HATE with a passion)! Maybe I'll develop an interesting craving just so he doesn't feel hard done by :-)
    Baby #1 due December '05 :)
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i never met anyone who craved gherkins lol! but i do have a thing for vinegar, i ate pickled onions at a party and keep buying pickled eggs from the chippy and asking for loads of vinegar on my chips. everyone kept asking me about cravings and i didn't have any, there were things i felt like eating but it wasn't a craving. the cravings hit at 32 weeks so you have plenty of time yet :D
    52% tight
  • Jay-Jay_4
    jellyhead wrote:
    i never met anyone who craved gherkins lol!

When my Mum was preggers with my sister, my Dad had to drive to Blackpool (an hour in the car!) to a 'particular' chip shop which sold pickled gherkins :rolleyes: :D

Oooh yoghurts _pale_ ...I went right off them when I was about 16 weeks and still can't bring myself to eat one.

In fact......:think: I blame my kids for me being such a fussy !!!!!! :cool:

• With my first baby I had a craving for sand - actually it wasn't craving it was a real physical need and I just couldn't stop myself. In the end my Mum recommended sesame seeds for their texture and they seemed to help but I still wanted to eat the sand.

I also couldn't get enough of Bakewell Tarts..

I'm now 17 weeks pregnant again and got the craving for sand again!!!! I have also been known over last 3 weeks to have eaten a jar of gherkins in one sitting. Yummy!!!!

I have gone off tea, coffee and chocolate in both pregnancies.

I have also been eating ham, cucumber & tomato baguetts for lunch for last month - NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!!!!
    It's best to regret things you have done rather than those you have not...
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    has anyone carried on eating things they wouldn't normally eat? my baby is 18 weeks old and i'm still eating dairy, i don't usually, i want to give up chocolate and cheese, my willpower won't let me lol!
    52% tight
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    With my first I craved fruit, peaches and nectarines, crunchy Braeburn apples, grapes and I had to have scampi from the local chippy, not homemade, didn't taste the same. It was the different textures, loved pineapple chunks, cheddar cheese chunks, and celery, altogether, ates loads of it. I also drank GALLONS of milk, the only way I could rid myself of feeling sick in the mornings was to eat McVities digestive biscuits with GALLONS of iced, cold milk, it was semi skim but the Doc went bananas. I loved spicy food too and both my kids love spicy food. My oldest loves peaches.

With my second I just craved junk, chocolate and crisps, but I barely put on a stone in that pregnancy, lot of people didn't realise I was pregnant. With my first, I was the size of a house. Now back to normal now though, thankfully.

A friend of a friend got a craving for the smell of nail varnish and also petrol when she was pregnant. She carried a bottle of nail varnish with her all the time and sniffed it constantly.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Someone I know had bad cravings for petrol, and had to be locked in the car when at the petrol station.
    Mine were Cauliflower - boiled!, Cadburys choc mousses

me too! I couldn't get enough of the smell of petrol... that and flash spray with bleach... I got through a bottle a week of the stuff!
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    I had to have scampi from the local chippy, not homemade, didn't taste the same.

Me too :D

At the very height of feeling sick I could be found at the local chippy buying scampi and chips. I would then squeeze an entire lemon over it and scoff the lot. :j

I stopped drinking cordial and pop while I was pregnant as both gave me heartburn and made me feel sick. I still only drink water even though sproggins is almost two. I actually prefer water now :confused: .... weirdo!

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Jay-Jay wrote:
    Me too :D

At the very height of feeling sick I could be found at the local chippy buying scampi and chips. I would then squeeze an entire lemon over it and scoff the lot. :j

I stopped drinking cordial and pop while I was pregnant as both gave me heartburn and made me feel sick. I still only drink water even though sproggins is almost two. I actually prefer water now :confused: .... weirdo!

Drinking water before I was pregnant, I just couldn't do, made me gag. Then when I was pregnant I drank gallons of milk and water. I think the majority of my weight gain was down to all the milk and water I consumed. Thank goodness I didn't "go" unexpectedly in Boots or M&S, I'd never visit again. :o

I now still drink gallons of water, unfortunately I haven't beaten the chocolate addiction. I went right off chocolate during my first pregnancy, both to eat and drink.

Scampi and chips, still have that, although it still tastes better from the chippy, no matter which vinegar you use on it.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure