cravings

Comments

• FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I liked drinking milk during all four of my pregnancies. Actually can't stand the stuff normally.
    My biggie was toothpaste. Would brush my teeth about a dozen times a day and eat the toothpaste instead of spitting it out. Tried to eat mints instead but it wasn't quite the same!!!
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    :D My cravings were Pickled Onions,I could eat them by the jar.also mushy peas I dont eat either now.
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i read somewhere today that craving chocolate can be a sign of lack of magnesium in your diet. just in case anyone's interested :-)

my husband has got sick of me buying lamb for every meal, insisted i bypass the red meat altogether and steered me to the fish counter in asda yesterday :D
    52% tight
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    My mum liked milk with me but only ice cold with ice cubes! She hated milk before and still hates it now!
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Strangely I have also been happy to drink milk throughout, wouldn't have touched it before getting pregnant! I thought it was just me:rolleyes:
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    I used to like yoghurt but when I was preggers it made me vomit.....still can't touch it.

Toothpaste still makes me sick in the morning, even the smell of it can have me retching.

Isn't it funny how these things can affect you for life, it proves it's not all in the imagination.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    toothpaste has made me sick in both pregnancies. i've been eating tomatoes during this one too, i don't like them usually. it's more of an 'i feel like eating ...' than a craving - just my body wanting some nutrients i suppose. the strawberries are a desperate craving though, it's a good job it only started at 32 weeks or i'd be bankrupt by now :rotfl:
    52% tight
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    lol....couldn't you have a cheap craving like Tesco Value apples? :rotfl:

Oh well...it's better than double deckers ;)

I ate Lychees too with my first. Bag and bags of them, then everyone started bringing them around for me and I went right off them. My Nan still turned up with bags of them even though the sight of them made me queasy......I didn't want to offend her so I had to eat them :D
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• mumof3girls
    mumof3girls Posts: 239 Forumite
    the last time and the very last time my husband got cravings for really wierd stuff that made me feel eeerrrhh.
    the first one i eat loads and loads of apples and oranges and she loves them and now eats loads and loads of them. second one i was forsed to eat curry and loads of towards the end (to help her get out) she now loves spicy food. third one she will proberbly love custard danishes, hence why i now have lots of weight to loose!!
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    oh no, i keep eating mcdonalds egg muffins for breakfast, will my poor child grow up addicted to junk food ?! :eek:
    52% tight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport