We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What's your weakness?

135678

Comments

  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    Shoes, handbags, laptop bags (really sad I know but out there somewhere is the perfect laptop bag LOL) books both novels and non-fiction.


    Oh I'm with you on the laptop bag thing, bought a Kipling one ages ago, even though I didn't have (and still don't have ) a laptop. I've now sold it but in a funny way....miss it:D .
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Triker wrote: »
    But bags are better because they don't make your feet hurt.:rotfl:

    Bags and shoes - that's clearly the solution - hmmm, or downfall!!
    :wave:
    December 2007:
    Credit Card - [strike]£1513.93[/strike] £1512.13; Nationwide OD1 - [strike]£1491[/strike] £1350.64; Nationwide OD2 – £520; Nationwide 3 - £200; HSBC Grad OD - [strike]£399.33[/strike] £379.33; Car Loan - £7150; Debt to family - £6000
    Total: £17130.61 :eek:
    Current snowball date: Jan 2014 (seems so long away, I need to get this down!!).

    *Olympic Challenge member 36* Aiming for bronze £1008 - current £150.42
    *Lunch Log Challenge 2008*
    *PiggyPoints*: 5290
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Triker wrote: »
    Oh I'm with you on the laptop bag thing, bought a Kipling one ages ago, even though I didn't have (and still don't have ) a laptop. I've now sold it but in a funny way....miss it:D .


    That made me:rotfl: lol
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    The ideal picture or perhaps a classic painting, a farmhouse kitchen with an aga, and a table laden with (reduced) food whilst the homely but glamorous female/male/non gender specific, stands surrounded by books (cookery, thrillers etc) and bags, whilst wearing a pair of killer heels (with them jelly thingys in so nowt hurts) with make up on studies the DFW site.

    A modern classic.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Kids clothes :rolleyes:

    I don't buy expensive ones, I shop mainly at George, TU (Sainsburys) and just occasionally I push the boat out and go to Next (usually at sale time :rotfl:), but if I see a really lovely outfit, I just can't resist it.

    *Surreptitious sneaks new cream wool jumper dress under bed to await time when Tasha will grow into it....in about a year....:rolleyes:*

    And books..

    And handbags..

    And shoes..
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
    9780007258925
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Snaggles wrote: »
    Kids clothes :rolleyes:

    I don't buy expensive ones, I shop mainly at George, TU (Sainsburys) and just occasionally I push the boat out and go to Next (usually at sale time :rotfl:), but if I see a really lovely outfit, I just can't resist it.

    *Surreptitious sneaks new cream wool jumper dress under bed to await time when Tasha will grow into it....in about a year....:rolleyes:*

    And books..

    And handbags..

    And shoes..

    You go girl :T
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    used to be handbags now cds...........my oh is trainers he has over 30 pairs
    i will be debt free, i will
  • lisopiso
    lisopiso Posts: 39 Forumite
    my daily coffee from the shop.. i've gotten a hand me down maker from my sister, but i like it when someone else makes it for me.. it's not much daily, but it adds up throughout the month.
  • bathgatebuyer
    bathgatebuyer Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Trainers were said by God to make my life complete - I think I have about 25 pairs. Going to trainer heaven this year with a trip to the States and guaranteed I'll come back with another pair!

    And 2 for 1, 3 for 2 toiletries in Boots. I've been strict with myself recently and only bought what I've needed and tried to live off my existing 'stock' which means I haven't had a good splurge in Bots for ages. Although, £40 of Boots vouchers coming from Pigsback soon!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • Triker wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I just wondered if anyone else had a certain 'ahem' weakness whereby however hard you try not to, you just haven't been able to resist having.

    Books for me!
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.