We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New Chase Regular Saver 6.5%
Comments
-
I agree when using physical giftcards - but Everup and Tuck cards are electronic, and it takes just a few seconds to buy them when at the checkout, and you can pay with a credit card for additional cashback.
Chase has many strange exclusions, based on MCC codes which the average consumer cannot see, and unreasonable (IMO) pre-reqs, like holding £1k in savings, at least 15 debit card transactions a month and monthly cashback max. Life is too short to remember all the pre-reqs and conditions. Granted, Chase have some uniques, such as petrol / Alsi / Lidl, but as I can get at least 1% cashback on credit cards, I really can't be bothered with Chase 2%.1 -
I've downloaded Tuck app today, haven't used it yet. Didn't know you can top it up from credit card, that's an additional 1% from HSBC for me. At the moment I use Santander CC for fuel, which pays 3%. Do you know if ASDA petrol is qualified for Tuck?
I can't be bothered with Chase 2% either. My first thought was when my RS balance gets up to £1k I could take an advantage of 2%, but 15 payments a month requirement is not convenient for me. Apart from supermarkets and fuel I don't really use what's on their qualifying list.
2 -
@allegro120 you can't use any of the Tuck supermarket gift cards for petrol or diesel.
2 -
I haven't found way of paying for gift card on Tuck with card - seen suggestion that it may be possible via Google/Apple Pay but not tried.
0 -
Tuck
When I click buy it simply pops up the options of, "instant bank payment" or ApplePay (GooglePay on Android I'd guess).
1 -
Not sure you can actually. I just linked my current account.
0 -
Ta, not how I remember seeing it on Android but I'll check it out tomorrow.
0 -
Although a quick Google shows me it should be possible through apple/Google pay
0 -
Ok, so if you unlink your bank account, and then attempt to top up your gift card again, you will be given the option of linking your bank account again or paying by Google pay :)
0 -
Never want to "top-up" a gift card, every purchase is a brand new 'card', which is used to exhaustion in a single transaction as soon as is possible, then 'discarded'.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

