We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New Chase Regular Saver 6.5%
Comments
-
Is this RS easy access & not locked in for 12 months?
If so, I might be tempted back into chase, although its going to take 3 or 4 months
0 -
3 or 4 months?
Plenty of time to read the full Terms.
2 -
If you're paying tax on interest then have a look at low coupon gilts. I only found out about them a couple of weeks ago. With the gilts I've just bought I'll save over 900 pounds in tax between now and the end of Jan 28. It works out at an equivalent of 4.3% tax free interest.
2 -
Gilts are more like a fixed term bond than an RS. You can even get money early but the penalty is it is subject to market prices. I suppose you can add to them but if the gilt price has risen the interest rate will have fallen for that contribution.
0 -
Before I start using debit card for cashback obviously. However, would be nice if someone whos signed up can just tell me instead of sarky answers.
0 -
Yes, says easy access, you can withdraw anytime - but top ups linited to £300 a month.
Interest i believe is awarded after 12 months though - but i didnt see any info about possible penalty for withdrawing so easy access all the way
0 -
"Interest rate 6.5% AER (6.31% gross) fixed for 12 months. Calculated daily, paid monthly."
Source
1 -
Yes, you're right. Unnecessary snark. Apologies.
Can be a bit "triggering" (my first ever use of this ridiculous term) when the same basic question is asked for the third time.
3 -
I don't currently do the 2% cashback, but will do now with the new regular saver.
PayPal+ debit linked to Chase gets another 1%
Every little helps
1 -
yes you can withdraw
Chase Regular Saver:
- Pay in up to £300 per account month
- Maximum investment is £3,600
- The account has a 12 month term
- The interest on this account is paid monthly
- Unlimited withdrawals are permitted
- Available to open via the Chase mobile app
The account is available to new and existing Chase current account customers.
I’m assuming you mean 3 to 4 months to get over 1k into it for cashback and not to open a current account as I believe Chase don’t let you reopen an account if a previous customer.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

