We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New Chase Regular Saver 6.5%
Comments
-
Yes, it should count unless they change the cash back rules. There is also the requirement to make at least 15 payments each month with your debit card, credit card or via Direct Debit. In my understanding you have to make 15 payments in January in order to qualify for 2% cash back in February, assuming by the 1st January your RS balance is £1k.
0 -
Though we would have to wait a month to find out?
0 -
If an account is not for you, just don't take it out and move on. It doesn't appear to be very MSE to discourage people from "faffing" with Regular Savers.
Some of us have in excess of £30k in accounts that pay upwards of 6% and are quite content with the "faffing" required.18 -
I think you’re missing the point. That’s exactly why many of us have lots of Regular Savers accounts. The sum of many small parts makes it worthwhile.
7 -
I quite enjoy the faff. It earns me several £k a year
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?8 -
As I opined in another thread, I understand for many its not necessarily the satisfaction of achieving a meaningful ultimate financial reward but to some degree more about the thrill of the chase.
Akin therefore to an engrossing 'hobby ' with a bit of a payoff at the end. Nothing wrong with that I suppose.
5 -
I don’t have every RS that requires a current account, but when they come along like this and you already have the current account, it’s a 2 minute job. In this case it was less than that, as they didn’t ask how much/often you would be funding, what you’re saving for or anything like that. I did wonder if I would struggle as I only had 100MB data on the device with my Chase app, but due to how easy the process was, it hardly used any of it.
This one took about as long to open for me as it would to click through a cashback website before making a purchase.
2 -
I aim to open this on the First to align with most of my reg savers.
I keep spare cash in Spring ( Max 5k at 5.0% ). The rest in Tesco at 4.5%.
Every penny counts. 12 reg savers at the moment.
Down from over 20 last year.
Not keen on the 4k tax bill for Jan.
But maxed out ISA'S.
1 -
Yes you hit the nail on the head.
The marginal end of year return worsens when 20%/40% (soon to be 22%/42%) tax is then taken into account. However, at least you recognise that sting in the tail.
0 -
Does this pay interest monthly?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

